MP4 playback splitter

2 posters

Go down

MP4 playback splitter Empty MP4 playback splitter

Post by radugb Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:46 am

I can't seem to get WMP to playback MP4 files using LAV Splitter without disabling all of Windows Media Foundation.  The problem with that is when I disable WM Foundation, it kills all web video playback for me (flash and non-flash).  I've tried disabling individual codecs in Media Foundation, but that doesn't work.  All of Media Foundation must be disabled for MP4s to use K-Lite.

I'm sure I've got the preferred codecs and splitters set correctly in K-Lite.  Not sure what else needs to be done.

Suggestions?

radugb

Back to top Go down

MP4 playback splitter Empty Re: MP4 playback splitter

Post by Admin Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:19 pm

The preferred splitters and decoders are already correctly set by default. No changes are needed.
Media Foundation should not have any effect on Flash video. Only HTML5 video.

Disabling Media Foundation just for MP4 should be enough to make WMP use DirectShow. Try re-installing the pack and only change that setting, nothing else.

Is your browser 32-bit or 64-bit? If it is 32-bit, then use 64-bit WMP (or vice versa). Then the tweaks will not interfere with your browser.

The pack uses 32-bit WMP by default (because that is the default of Windows), but you can choose 64-bit WMP if you do an Advanced/Expert install.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by radugb Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:40 pm

Thank you! I was unsure of what you had suggested, until I browsed thru the Codec Tweak Tools.

I was disabling Media Foundation under 'MS Codec Tweaks'. I do have WMP x64 set to default for all my media. But I can't disable the Windows Media Foundation for x64 as I run dreamscene and it needs those MS codecs to run properly.

I will reply back if I encounter any other issues.

radugb

Back to top Go down

Post by radugb Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:11 am

New issue (I don't like creating new threads Rolling Eyes)

My FLAC library will not playback with WMP x64. The files playback fine with WMP 32, but all's I hear with x64 is noise and distortion. I know FFAudio and LAV splitter are active, their icons are in the taskbar. Wondering if it's a setting or my soundcard.

Suggestions?

radugb

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:10 pm

Try disabling FLAC in ffdshow audio decoder. Then LAV Audio decoder should get used instead.

Do that files play correctly in 64-bit GraphStudioNext?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by radugb Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:40 pm

It was in 64 GraphStudioNext, but it was pushing to LAV Audio whereas WMP x64 was defaulting back to FFAudio.

But I did as you suggested and it now works. I just can't understand why FFAudio can process FLAC for WMP 32 but not for WMP x64.

radugb

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:59 pm

If ti works with WMP32 then it should also work with WMP64. I have tried it here and FLAC plays fine in WMP64 with ffdshow.

Maybe it only happens with specific files? Always do this kind of tests with the same file.

Any specific reason why you want to use ffdshow? LAV is the recommended decoder.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by radugb Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:37 pm

No. No reason I wanted ffdshow for FLAC over LAV Audio for FLAC playback. I do use FFAudio and FFVideo for my video playback. The auto settings on each yield better playback for my HDTV.

I did test with the same flac file in WMP 32 and WMP x64.

radugb

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:20 pm

Can you explain what exactly is different/better when using ffdshow for video playback? There is no technical reason why it would be better.

Could you perhaps upload a file for me that gives the FLAC problem with ffdshow? Then I can test if the same happens here. You can upload to a site like http://www.sendspace.com or similar.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum