K-lite messing with Stardrive II

2 posters

Go down

K-lite messing with Stardrive II Empty K-lite messing with Stardrive II

Post by anabolbg Fri May 08, 2015 6:13 am

I'm playing this game on high end machine.

My configuration is perfectly able to play every game at high to ultra settings.
MSI Dominator GT72
Windows 8.1
i7 4710hq 2.50 Ghz
16gb ram
GTX 970m

I'm with latest DirectX and Video Drivers too!

However after I've installed K-lite the game started to have extremely low fps (3-10) with tearing that happens from 2 factors.

Factor One after the game plays a cutscene (that is prerecorded video) fps tearing starts.
Factor Two after some time 30-40 min of playing low fps starts.

My version of K-lite is K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1110_Mega.

Through CodecTweakTool I've disabled ffdshow 32 and 64 bit audio and video with the settings don't use in (list of exes) , and use only in (list of exes) and show dialog when exe tries to load ffdshow.
Before ffdshow was disabled I got Factor One FPS tearing.
After ffdshow was disabled i got Factor Two FPS tearing.

If I uninstall K-lite I have Factor One FPS tearing.

I wanna ask if i uninstall k-lite does it remove all the codecs too? Or is there a way to completely remove K-lite to do some testing - because the issue may be connected to something else too, not just codecs.

Could you please assist in this issue?

anabolbg

Back to top Go down

K-lite messing with Stardrive II Empty Re: K-lite messing with Stardrive II

Post by Admin Fri May 08, 2015 2:24 pm

Yes, uninstalling will properly remove everything that belonged to the pack. The game will then use the standard codecs from Windows or whatever other codecs may also be installed.

You can generate a list of all codecs with the Codec Tweak Tool (> Generate Log).

You already found the blacklist of ffdshow. The LAV decoders also have a blacklist. That one can be found in the Windows Registry.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LAV64\Video\Blacklist
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LAV\Video\Blacklist

Tearing can happen if the display of the video does not match the VSync interval of the screen. It is actually not really a codec problem, but rather a video renderer problem. Check if VSync is enabled in the game display settings. I have had to enable it myself too in a couple of games, so I think recent NVIDIA drivers are a bit buggy in that regard.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by anabolbg Sat May 09, 2015 10:59 am

I've managed to get rid of the problem by doing Windows system restore. Everything else didn't worked properly. V Sync was enabled. Anyways thank you for your quick response. And I'm still not 100 % sure that issue was entirely K-lite related. It was strange issue. I've been using k-lite for years with no problem at all.

anabolbg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 10, 2015 3:11 pm

The game will be added to the default blacklists.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum