Can mpc downmix dts into stereo.

2 posters

Go down

Can mpc downmix dts into stereo. Empty Can mpc downmix dts into stereo.

Post by john11 Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:45 am

Hi. I'm watching a couple of movies on my laptop which have dts sudio track. The laptop is stereo 2-channel only. Can media player classic included in the codec pack downmix the dts into stereo.

I start up the codec tweak tool, click on audio output, check stereo, uncheck boost centre, check include lfe, click apply, but when i go back into codec tweak tool the stereo is unchecked again.

Many thanks in advance. John.

john11

Back to top Go down

Can mpc downmix dts into stereo. Empty Re: Can mpc downmix dts into stereo.

Post by Admin Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:08 pm

The CTT does not indicate the current configuration. The reason is simply because it can configure multiple codecs, which can potentially have different configurations that are inconsistent.

If you select a value and press Apply, then the new settings will be applied correctly. You don't have to worry about that.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by john11 Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:36 am

Hi. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

When i play a movie using vlc media player, then click on the audio tab, a drop down menu gives me a list of all the audio tracks available so i pick the best one depending on the hardware which i find is a very good feature, but media player classic does not seem to do this.

For a dvd playback, in vlc, i get three audio options: Stereo, two front two back, and 5.1. But using media player classic it seems to decide which track it wants to play.
For blu-rays i usually listen to the dts track of which there are two, the dts core and he dts lossless master. But for movies media player classic uses whichever track it feels like and there is no option available, again using vlc i can pick the track.

Finally, right clicking on the screen and going down to the audio, it reports the bit rate in kb/s, sometimes for the video as well, is it possible to report the audio and video bitrate all the time as it is a very handy feature, it only seems to work when it feels like.

Many thanks in advance. John.

john11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:35 pm

You can select the desired track in Media Player Classic through its menu: Play > Audio. That also displays the audio track properties, such as format and bitrate.

The initial selection is made based on language preferences and quality parameters (number of channels and audio format).

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john11 Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:24 am

It doesn't do it all the time, only when it feels like it.

If there is an initial selection how can this be changed to display the
full properties, mpc only reports the audio and video bitrates when it can be bothered, also it is having difficulty giving me a list of the audio channels available, especially when dts-core and dts-master are available.

Thank you.

john11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:26 am

It does not show the DTS core as a separate stream, because it isn't a separate (sub-)stream. The DTS core is automatically decoded when it is unable to decode DTS MA.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john11 Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:28 am

Does that mean it cannot decode dts master, can you please expand on this. I am trying to watch x-men days of future past, which has the dts master audio track, but the bitrate reported by mpc is 1509 kb/s which indicates
dts core is being played back, as the dts master should be 6000kb/s

Thank you.

john11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:21 pm

That is correct. There is currently not yet a free open source decoder available for DTS-MA. So by default it will decode the DTS core. When bitstreaming the audio, DTS-MA can be used, if the external receiver supports it.

LAV Audio decoder is capable of using an external DLL file from Arcsoft to decode DTS-MA. The required file is dtsdecoder.dll and you may be able to find it online. Put the file in the 32-bit Windows system folder and LAV will use it automatically. You also need to use a 32-bit player of course.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john11 Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:11 am

Hi. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

I always use the 64-bit version of media player classic and have set it to default as i am running windows 64-bit

1. there is another version in the k-lite codec pack which is not labelled,
am guessing this is the 32-bit version, is this right?

2. If i start to use the 32-bit player is there is difference in picture or sound quality.

Thank you. John.

john11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:40 pm

Yes, that is the 32-bit version. There is no difference in quality or functionality. Only difference is that the 32-bit version is a little bit slower (less than 10%) and of course compatibility with a few things that are only available for 32-bit (like MadVR and the DTS decoder mentioned above).

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john11 Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:52 am

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Okay, installed arcsoft total media theater, found a dll in the codec folder labelled as dtsdecoderdll.dll, slightly different name from the one you stated but this is the only one i could find, copied and pasted it into windows system 32 folder, started media player classic 32-bit,

unfortunately, no change, is still only reading the dts-core stream not dts master hd.

Mpc reports: Dts - hd ma, 48000hz, 5.1, 1536 kb/s [default]

The dts core on most movies is about 1500kb/s, but the master should be around the 4000kb/s mark.

Thank you. John.

john11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:15 pm

Yes, the file name it looks for is dtsdecoderdll.dll.

Since you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, you need to put it in the SysWow64 folder. The system32 folder actually contains the 64-bit stuff.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john11 Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:27 am

Okay, did that but no change.

You mentioned earlier lav audio decoder can decode the dts master track when using the dtsdecoder.dll

But when i play a file which had dts master audio, ffdshow audio decoder pops up in the system tray and lav video decoder.

It appears Mpc may be configured wrongly.

Can you please advise. Thank you.

john11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:24 pm

Disable AC3 and DTS in the settings of ffdshow audio decoder. Then LAV will take over.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john11 Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:08 am

Hi. Thank you so much for your replies and patience.

Did that, now i am getting lav decoder instead of the ffdshow, but am still getting the same audio message:

Mpc reports: English dts hd master audio 5.1 @ 3375 kb [english]
(dts hd ma 48000hz 5.1 1536kb/s) [default]

When i click on this message the audio mutes for a few seconds, then comes back on, is mpc switching between the two audio tracks?

And it says default, can i change the default so it plays the dts hd-master track by default, not sure if it is switching between tracks, or which track is playing as no message is given.

Thank you.

john11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:48 pm

There is a bulletpoint in front of the active track in MPC-HC.

To show messages on top of the video:
Options > Player > Show OSD

You can verify if LAV Audio decoder is decoding the Master Audio by looking at its status tab.
Play > Filters > LAV Audio

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john11 Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:18 am

I think that did it, lav filter reports dts-ma.

Is it possible to upload the dtsdecoderdll.dll to this website in case others may need it.

Which audio filter do you recommend for decoding dolby true hd audio, am getting stuttering and break up at the moment using media player classic.

Thank you. John.

john11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:48 pm

LAV Audio decoder should handle TrueHD correctly. Next version of LAV will have some small fixes, so maybe that will help with your problem. Updating your sound driver might also help.

An unrelated tip is to set your screen's refresh rate to 59Hz (if supported). That gives smoother video playback than the default value of 60Hz that most systems use.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john11 Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:04 am

Hi. Thanks for the reply and the news of an upcoming fix. I am still not getting audio and video bitrate details, just whatever is entered in the details and properties section for that file under win 7.

Is it possible to introduce a fix for media player classic to play dvds.

When i use vlc media player it is like using an actual dvd player with all menus, movie plays as one unit, etc.

But when using mpc, i can only play one vob file at a time, so i set the player to play next file in the folder, and a get a succession of jerks, stops and starts. Is it possible to update mpc to play more like vlc, or a dvd player.

Thank you. John.

john11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:29 pm

With regard to bitrate you can submit feature requests here:
https://trac.mpc-hc.org/report/9
But it is unlikely that they will extend it beyond what is shown right now. At least not anytime soon.

MPC-HC supports DVD menus just fine. It always has. Simply use File > Open Disc. Or if you are playing from haddrive, open video_ts.ifo file. It even has opens in the Navigate menu to jump to specific DVD menus.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum