Media Player Classic not capable of Hardware acceleration?

Go down

Media Player Classic not capable of Hardware acceleration? Empty Media Player Classic not capable of Hardware acceleration?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:33 pm

Is anyone able to give me a clear answer in why Media Player Classic is NOT able to use my graphics card to handle 4K size mp4 files?
Instead my cpu seems to be taking the full load, which is what I don't want as my cpu is not that powerful. For clarification my windows media player can handle those exact same files and so does VLC, so I really want to know why a great utility like Media Player Classic can not. How do I know this?, because I pull up task manager and it shows my the cpu usage while the mp4 files are playing....and Media Player Classic is using a whopping 67-85% cpu usage, which means my GPU is not being utilized at all, when I play back the EXACT same files with windows media player and VLC the cpu is always around 3-4% as it uses my graphics card....This to me is unacceptable why Media Player Classic cannot do this Crying or Very sad

To help resolve this issue, my specs are Windows 7, Core i5-4460 cpu, my GPU is Nvidia GTX 1660 super, and I know for a fact that it is indeed capable of hardware acceleration
It is doing my head in wondering why I have to use other products like VLC or the default windows media player in order to watch 4k size mp4 files without stuttering

The current version of Media Player Classic I use is MPC-HC (Nightly, 64-bit)
------------------------

Build information:
Version: 1.9.11.49 (12dafcbc2)
Compiler: MSVC v19.26.28806
Build date: May 20 2021

LAV Filters:
LAV Splitter: 0.75.0.2
LAV Video: 0.75.0.2
LAV Audio: 0.75.0.2
FFmpeg compiler: MinGW-w64 GCC 9.3.0

Operating system:
Name: Windows NT 6.1 (build 7601, Service Pack 1)
Version: 6.1 (64-bit)

Hardware:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER (driver version: 27.21.14.5671)

Please can anyone help me or show me a workaround?....I have currently tried everything like using DXVA2 Copyback for the Hardware decoder in the Lav files, but still it doesn't work, and my cpu does all the work

Back to top Go down

Media Player Classic not capable of Hardware acceleration? Empty Re: Media Player Classic not capable of Hardware acceleration?

Post by Admin Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:49 pm

Uninstall your current version. Then install latest version of the codec pack (16.3.0). Hardware acceleration should work on your system with default settings.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Media Player Classic not capable of Hardware acceleration? Empty Re: Media Player Classic not capable of Hardware acceleration?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:09 pm

Admin wrote:Uninstall your current version. Then install latest version of the codec pack (16.3.0). Hardware acceleration should work on your system with default settings.

Ok thanks, I'll give it a try Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum