No more selection preferred video and audio decoders.

2 posters

Go down

No more selection preferred video and audio decoders. Empty No more selection preferred video and audio decoders.

Post by gogol1 Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:33 pm

Hi.

I just did a fresh installation of Windows on one PC and noticed that you were removed in "Installation Preferences" selection preferred video and audio decoders. I do not know why you did it but these you have greatly complicated my life. Without option LAV decoder + ffdshow processor I have a poor sound in audio speakers and I almost do not hear a human speech at all. I beg, return everything as it was before.

No more selection preferred video and audio decoders. Sound

PS: Ok. I found out how to enable ffdshow Audio Processor when installing and after through the addition of external filters. But the old optional opportunity was more convenient. At your discretion.

gogol1

Back to top Go down

No more selection preferred video and audio decoders. Empty Re: No more selection preferred video and audio decoders.

Post by Admin Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:13 pm

Select "Advanced" installation mode.
Then on the "Select Components" page you can enable "ffdshow audio processor".

But that should not be needed at all to get proper sound quality. You probably have set a wrong speaker configuration in the Windows sound settings (5.1 instead of stereo).

Select Stereo audio output during installation. At the bottom of that page, click on the "Windows Sound Settings" button. Then select the Speakers device and click on Configure button.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

No more selection preferred video and audio decoders. Empty Re: No more selection preferred video and audio decoders.

Post by gogol1 Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:54 am

I have already figured out. But the old way (as in the picture) was better.

Nope. Always stereo. This is an old problem for me. ffdshow Audio Processor always saved me. Especially with multichannel sound. Just need check volume option in ffdshow and boost centre to 152%. I`am always use LAV audio decoder + ffdshow audio processor together at the same time. And most importantly, the sound in most cases is always on the same level. I almost never have to add or decrease the volume.

gogol1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:43 pm

The old way was removed to stimulate that less people use ffdshow.

The default settings already apply a boost to the center channel similar to what you are doing with ffdshow. When selecting stereo output, the installer enables the mixer in LAV Audio Decoder. The center mix level is set to 1.0 instead of 0.71, which due to logarithmic scale, effectively doubles the perceived volume of the center channel when mixed into the stereo channels.

Could you try that out?

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gogol1 Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:02 pm

I did. Too big difference in volume levels in different sources. Very similar to how it does VLC player and I do not like it. Have to always reduce or increase it manually. ffdshow everything kept on one volume level.

gogol1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum