Codec Guide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MPC-HC crashes with the 15.8.0 version of K-Lite codec pack

Go down

MPC-HC crashes with the 15.8.0 version of K-Lite codec pack Empty MPC-HC crashes with the 15.8.0 version of K-Lite codec pack

Post by mirror9lifer on Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:12 am

Hello, after updating the k-lite codec pack to 15.8.0 I've been having problems with MPC-HC crashing.
As soon as I open a video file or MPC-HC in general I get an error popup, even though the video keeps playing in the background with no problems (due to the popup I can't pause or skip or do anything with the video though). As soon as I close the popup MPC-HC closes.
The error message is:
"An error has occurred. MPC-HC will close now.
Exception:
UNDEFINED C++ EXCEPTION
Crashing module:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Offset: 0x2092B3E49, Codebase: 0x7FF72B000000"
This occurs with mkv, mp4, video, avi files (haven't checked any other formats at the moment but ready to do so if needed).
I'm using Windows 10 home single language.
I've already tried deleting the codec pack and reinstalling, downgrading to previous versions, I've reinstalled MadVR which I'm using, updated my graphic card's drivers but to no avail.
Could you please help me solve this problem?
Thank you in advance.

mirror9lifer

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC crashes with the 15.8.0 version of K-Lite codec pack Empty Re: MPC-HC crashes with the 15.8.0 version of K-Lite codec pack

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:41 pm

Download this ZIP file:
https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/releases/download/1.9.8/MPC-HC.1.9.8.x64.zip

Replace your current mpc-hc64.exe file with the one from the ZIP. Also copy the "CrashReporter" folder and the "Lang" folder (if you use non-English translation).

This version should open a webpage when it crashes with even more details. Copy that webpage link here. Then I can check what is causing the crash.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC crashes with the 15.8.0 version of K-Lite codec pack Empty Re: MPC-HC crashes with the 15.8.0 version of K-Lite codec pack

Post by mirror9lifer on Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:26 pm

I've replaced the file but MPC-HC still crashes without opening any webpages when I open the program in general or while opening any videos.
I've also tried turning off my antimalware program but still no webpages opened.

mirror9lifer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:59 pm

So it already crashes when you double-click on mpc-hc64.exe (without playing a file)?

Do you perhaps have "Trusteer Rapport" installed? That is not compatible with MPC-HC (and a lot of other programs).

And if you go back to your previous version, does it start working again?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mirror9lifer on Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:03 pm

Yes, it crashed just after opening the exe but I've fortunately found the solution: I'd switched my locale a while ago to Japanese and that seemed to cause MPC-HC to crash. I've switched back today and MPC-HC started working again. I'm sorry if that's a known bug, thank you for the help!

mirror9lifer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:47 pm

Not yet a known issue, but very interesting. Did you just change the locale/location settings in Windows, or were you using the Japanese language pack for Windows?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mirror9lifer on Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:00 pm

I changed it through Windows - "Current language for non-Unicode programs". I normally have Russian and after changing to Japanese all the MPC-HC versions I've tried didn't work.

mirror9lifer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:34 pm

I just tried that setting in a virtual machine and no issues. But it was with a English version of Windows.

MPC-HC uses Unicode, so it is weird that option has any effect. I don't know what might be wrong.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum