Codec Guide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MPC-HC64 detected by Avast Ransomware Shield

Go down

MPC-HC64 detected by Avast Ransomware Shield Empty MPC-HC64 detected by Avast Ransomware Shield

Post by MagVanisher on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:43 am

Hi, I'm using Media Player Classic (64-bit) and when I'm creating a screenshot automatically (F5) to my documents folder, Avast Anti-Ransomware shows this message.

MPC-HC64 detected by Avast Ransomware Shield Captur10

Should I block or allow my app to create screenshots on my documents folder? Previously, there's no issues for creating screenshots automatically until I've updated the anti-virus software and K-Lite Mega Codec Pack.

MagVanisher

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC64 detected by Avast Ransomware Shield Empty Re: MPC-HC64 detected by Avast Ransomware Shield

Post by MagVanisher on Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:56 pm

Also, I would like to add that this popup shows up when pressing F5. I would like to know some steps on fixing this issue.

MPC-HC64 detected by Avast Ransomware Shield Captur10

MagVanisher

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC64 detected by Avast Ransomware Shield Empty Re: MPC-HC64 detected by Avast Ransomware Shield

Post by Admin on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:48 pm

Isn't this obvious? If you want to store screenshots in that folder you need to allow access.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MagVanisher on Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:29 pm

Okay, so it's basically a false detection from my anti-virus software?

MagVanisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:21 pm

It isn't a "detection" of a malware application. It simply blocks any new application that tries to create/modify a file in that folder. Even normal legitimate apps.

Allow app, and everything will work as it should.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MagVanisher on Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:55 pm

Got it. Still, it's weird that Avast Anti-Virus can detect MPC as a malware application. Previously, there's no issue regarding it when I'm making screenshots automatically.

MagVanisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:41 pm

They might have placed previous version on list of known trusted applications. They need to do that for each new version. That may take a while.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum