Question regarding disabling automatic thumbnail cache removal

2 posters

Go down

Question regarding disabling automatic thumbnail cache removal Empty Question regarding disabling automatic thumbnail cache removal

Post by Kao Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:46 am

When I was installing K-Lite Codec Pack (Standard v 15.4.0), I noticed an option to "Disable cache removal by Windows Maintenance"
Would unchecking this box when modifying the codec pack (running the installer again) re-enable it? When I looked up online on how to do this manually, it involved disabling registry keys, as well as some task scheduler tasks.
I would like to know what this option exactly does, and if it's easily reversible (if so, how)
Thank you.

Question regarding disabling automatic thumbnail cache removal U2GD1Gm

Kao

Back to top Go down

Question regarding disabling automatic thumbnail cache removal Empty Re: Question regarding disabling automatic thumbnail cache removal

Post by Admin Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:56 pm

Yes, unchecking will undo the change.

It only changes the setting in this registry key:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Thumbnail Cache

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Question regarding disabling automatic thumbnail cache removal Empty Re: Question regarding disabling automatic thumbnail cache removal

Post by Kao Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:07 pm

Thank you for the quick response. Should I add it as feedback that it could be placed in the Codec Tweak Tool? It doesn't appear to be in there. Otherwise, thank you for helping Smile

Kao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum