Subtitles & Num 9 problem with KLCP 1359 Update

2 posters

Go down

Subtitles & Num 9 problem with KLCP 1359 Update Empty Subtitles & Num 9 problem with KLCP 1359 Update

Post by miso Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi, I met this subtitles problem after installing KLCP 1359 Update; went back to KLCP 1355 Full & no problem:-
I have a 21:9 monitor, but some 21:9 movies come with black bars at top & bottom - so I'd press Num 9 (PnS inc size) to eliminate the black bars
With KLCP 1355 Full, the subtitles remain correctly positioned onscreen after the picture is cropped
With KLCP 1359 Update, the subtitles are too low to be read, as it follows the cropped picture & goes offscreen
The "Position subtitles relative to the video frame" box was un-ticked, but I tried again with box ticked/semi-/un-ticked to be sure but no change

Thanks so much for so tirelessly putting KLCP together for us,
miso Smile

miso

Back to top Go down

Subtitles & Num 9 problem with KLCP 1359 Update Empty Re: Subtitles & Num 9 problem with KLCP 1359 Update

Post by Admin Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:16 pm

The subs move along with video if "Position subtitles relative to the video frame" is fully checked. Also for semi-checked but only for SSA/ASS type subtitles (because those often have specific positioning). Unchecked is always relative to screen. I don't see any difference in behavior between 1355 and 1359. Semi-checked is the default in the pack.

If you use MadVR as video renderer, then you can automatically crop those black bars, and without any loss in quality.
madvr options > processing > zoom control

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Subtitles & Num 9 problem with KLCP 1359 Update Empty Re: Subtitles & Num 9 problem with KLCP 1359 Update

Post by miso Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:07 pm

Thanks Admin, I installed 1359 Update again and now it works?!
Don't know why it didn't work before - I'd already tried un-ticking that setting a few times to be sure - now I'm embarrassed...

And thanks for getting back so quickly, also will try out MadVR since you recommended but 1st I'll have to figure out how

Best wishes,
miso Smile

miso

Back to top Go down

Post by miso Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Admin wrote:If you use MadVR as video renderer, then you can automatically crop those black bars, and without any loss in quality.
madvr options > processing > zoom control
Hi Admin, trying the auto crop feature but sometimes it takes about 20-30 seconds before the crop kicks in
Does the feature kick in more quickly when there's bright or white scenes - for better contrast against black bars - and more slowly with dark scenes?

Much thanks

miso

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:23 pm

I don't use it personally, but yes, it takes longer if the video is dark because it has to be careful that it doesn't crop too much.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by miso Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Ah i see, thanks for recommending madVR - its been working nice & fine, resized picture does look abit nicer Smile

Thanks again
miso Smile

miso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum