Aw Snap Chrome ran out of memory

2 posters

Go down

Aw Snap Chrome ran out of memory Empty Aw Snap Chrome ran out of memory

Post by Cartoffelmos Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi!
Suspect its related to settings done during installation, but no clue which. Hope someone can help fix this issue!

Whenever I have multiple tabs(10+) open, quite a few with running streams/videos in watch queue(twitch/youtube/liveleak and similar), or in some cases just a few in total, they all crash with the error "Aw Snap chrome ran out of memory". Never had this issue before installing K-Lite, and I've stressed Chrome quite severely in the past.

Running Full K-Lite Codec Pack 12.9.5
Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
32GB RAM/4GB Pagefile, 6850K(Video disabled), GTX1080 8GB

Error happens with system memory usage way below maximum, and pagefile barely used. Tried reinstalling Chrome, no change. In the case of K-Lite I don't know what half the options actually do, so haven't dared fiddle much with it.

Tweak tool log:
Spoiler:

I note the log is showing wrong values for RAM, Video mem and clock. Related?

Thanks for your time

Cartoffelmos

Back to top Go down

Aw Snap Chrome ran out of memory Empty Re: Aw Snap Chrome ran out of memory

Post by Admin Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:48 pm

Chrome uses its own internal decoders for video playback. The codec pack should not have any effect on it at all. It is likely a bug in Chrome itself. I did a quick google search and found some people that have same problem after updating to Chrome 56.

The memory in the log is indeed incorrect. It seems it doesn't show more than 4GB. Will fix that. But unrelated to your problem. What do you mean with the clock value?

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoffelmos Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:45 pm

Admin wrote:Chrome uses its own internal decoders for video playback. The codec pack should not have any effect on it at all. It is likely a bug in Chrome itself. I did a quick google search and found some people that have same problem after updating to Chrome 56.

The memory in the log is indeed incorrect. It seems it doesn't show more than 4GB. Will fix that. But unrelated to your problem. What do you mean with the clock value?
If so I need to hang my head in shame and work on my google-fu, and apologise for blaming it on K-Lite. Thought I went through it extensively without finding similar reports.

The CPU is overclocked to 4400mhz, while the log shows 3600mhz(which is base non-turbo speed). Probably not an easy way to properly fetch clock speed with C1E/EIST(power-saving) active, and might not even be that relevant to have exact speed?

Cartoffelmos

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:03 pm

It shows the standard clock speed as that is a value that can easily be read from the Registry. It is not an important piece of information.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum