Enable & Disable Codec (Possible fix for Netflix & YouTube)?

2 posters

Go down

Enable & Disable Codec (Possible fix for Netflix & YouTube)? Empty Enable & Disable Codec (Possible fix for Netflix & YouTube)?

Post by DJHallo Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Hello.
I use for years you're codec and I very happy with it.
But today, I finally found out my problem why YouTube & Netflix didn't work with my PC.
When I unistalled you're Mega Codec pack, I was finally able to watch YouTube & Netflix again on Microsoft Edge & Internet Explorer for 1080P & 4K Video Content.
But this is my problem when I want to watch a video from the Internet then everythime I have to Unistall you're Codec to work.
And if I want to watch my Local Videos (Avi, MP4, MKV) I have to install it again.

So my question is it possible to make into the next update into Codec Tweak Pack an Enable Codec & Disable Codec so I don't have to reinstall it everythime.
Or possible maybe an exe or reg key where I can click onto it?

Kind Regards & Many Thanks.
DJHallo.

DJHallo

Back to top Go down

Enable & Disable Codec (Possible fix for Netflix & YouTube)? Empty Re: Enable & Disable Codec (Possible fix for Netflix & YouTube)?

Post by Admin Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:05 pm

The Codec Tweak Tool already has the ability to enable and disable codecs.

The codec pack does not break YouTube or Netflix with default settings. Only certain tweaks in the Win7DSFilterTweaker section of the Codec Tweak Tool may possibly "break" playback in some applications. For example disabling Media Foundation or disabling the Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio/Video decoders. Simply re-enable them to fix things.

The above tweaks are only useful for fixing playback problems with Windows Media Player. I recommend using the included Media Player Classic. That doesn't require any special tweaks and everything will box with default settings.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Enable & Disable Codec (Possible fix for Netflix & YouTube)? Empty Re: Enable & Disable Codec (Possible fix for Netflix & YouTube)?

Post by DJHallo Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:06 am

This is what I Always do:
1. Install Mega Pack without MediaInfo Lite.
2. Install MediaInfo Full.
3. Install Haali Media Splitter.
4. Install FFDShow (So I can use AAC for Surround Set / LAV Doesn't work).
5. Install CoreAVC.

Settings:
Media Foundation All Disable X86 - X64.
MS Codec Tweaks All Enabled.

Then YouTube & Netflix will break, did I use some wrong settings?

DJHallo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:39 pm

ffdshow is included with the codec pack. If you select Advanced (or Expert) installation mode at the beginning of (a fresh) installation, then you can customize which decoders and splitters are used for each specific format.

Haali Media Splitter is also included in the pack. I don't recommend using it, unless you have a good reason. Which problem are you trying to solve with it?

CoreAVC is also obsolete. LAV Video decoder should give similar performance and has less bugs.

Media Foundation All Disable X86 - X64.
MS Codec Tweaks All Enabled.
That breaks YouTube and Netflix.

Edge is a x64 application, so don't disable anything for x64.
Internet Explorer is available as both x86 and x64 version. Create a shortcut to the x64 version and use that.

Now, since you use x64 browsers, you could use the x86 version of Windows Media Player, and apply the necessary tweaks only for x86.

I don't recommend to disable everything like you did. Only disable Media Foundation for those formats that do not play correctly. The MS Codec Tweaks might not be needed at all.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum