Error Connect psrc/pmid

4 posters

Go down

Error Connect psrc/pmid Empty Error Connect psrc/pmid

Post by Boxer22 Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:47 pm

I have downloaded a movie file, which I am having a problem when I call up the movie and try to save a copy to my desktop.Once this is done, then I open up Windows DVD Maker to transfer the movie here in order to burn on a disc.But, I am unsuccessful to save a copy to my desktop because an error message comes up: " Error Connect psrc/pmid.Some of my movie files do this, while others don't.Please provide easy steps to follow. Thank you.

Boxer22

Back to top Go down

Error Connect psrc/pmid Empty Re: Error Connect psrc/pmid

Post by Admin Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:25 pm

You should not use MPC-HC to make a copy of the file. You should use Windows Explorer to copy files.

But why do you need to copy the file at all? Can't you just import the original file directly in DVD maker?

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxer22 Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:54 am

I use the MPC to view my movie. I have done this for years.But, it is when I use MPC to pause the start of the movie and go to file and press save a copy to my desktop I now recently get an errror "Error Connect psrc/pmid. I am saving the movie on my desktop so that when I open up Windows DVD Maker I can burn it.
My question is how do I get rid of this message?

Boxer22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:53 pm

The "Save a Copy" function in MPC does not perform a normal file copy. Instead, it attempts to modify the DirectShow graph to write the input data to disk. This functionality is intended for saving online streams to file, not for copying files.
The reason why you get the error is because the functionality only works with certain source filters. By default incompatible source filters are used for playback of almost everything. You can avoid the error for AVI files by disabling the internal AVI source filter.

You want to copy a file. You should not use "Save a Copy" function from MPC for that. You should copy the file using a file manager, like Windows Explorer. I don't understand why you aren't using that. Don't you know how to use it? Also, why aren't you importing the original file directly into DVD maker? Are you scared it will modify the file? Because it will not do that.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eric_spambox305 Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:10 am

Hello.  Just wanted to mention...yes, in almost every situation I too would use windows explorer to copy/move files (of course) however 1 instance when a normal 'save a copy' feature would be nice is when you're viewing a video that was downloaded off Youtube but the Firefox downloader plugin saved the file with a gibberish filename (ie: file-2342413123.mp4) and while trying to organize/rename them all 1 at a time, it would be much easier if instead of having to find the folder then scroll through a huge list of similarly named video files in windows explorer so that I can rename/move it, if I could just save it through MPC right there with the name/location I wanted.  (Yes, I know I shoulda just named correctly it when I saved it off Youtube but whatever =))  In any case, 'save a copy' is a little misleading.  It should say 'save stream as...' or something.
I coulda swore I've done this before in MPC and it saved the file no problem but now I'm getting the 'error connect pSrc..' message too which is how I ended up here. =)  Did MPC change or did my settings change and cause this?  Any workaround for this?  I tried setting video splitter to 'default' as suggested in another thread about this error but it didn't change anything (may have misunderstood).  Anyhow, not a big deal at all just a minor inconvenience.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

eric_spambox305

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:26 pm

That function only works when separate Source Filter and Splitter are used in the DirectShow Filter graph. For efficiency a combined Source/Splitter filter is used in most cases.

A workaround is to set preferred splitters to "Use merit" with the Codec Tweak Tool. But then I recommend setting LAV Splitter as preferred external filter in MPC-HC options as well, otherwise you might get playback problems.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hexeon Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:57 am

Thanks Admin that solved my problem with saving a copy of the video. I opened the video from a link in an App and that App doesn't let me right click on the link and save the video.

Anyway, while it did work for me, I don't understand why it worked and what all those filters mean or what use merit option does exactly because I don't know much about how video players work. Could you expatiate?

Hexeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:24 pm

DirectShow players use a chain of filters to play files. Each filter is like a building block that does a specific task.

In general the chain is like this:
Source > Splitter > Decoder > Renderer

Source filter reads the data from a file or an URL is case of an online stream.
The splitter interprets the data and splits it into separate datastreams for audio and video.
The decoders decompress the compressed audio and video data.
Renderers are responsible for sending the decoded data to your graphics driver and sound driver.

For efficiency reasons the Source and Splitter are often combined into a single filter that performs both tasks.

The "Save as" function works by connecting a file writer filter directly to the source filter. So it takes the data (before splitting) and writes it into a file. So this function only works if separate source and splitter filters are used. The "use merit" option in the preferred splitters section of the Codec Tweak Tool configures things in such a way that separate filters are used. The other options, such as "LAV Splitter", configure things such that a combined filter is used.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum