EVR Custom Error

3 posters

Go down

EVR Custom Error Empty EVR Custom Error

Post by ROOMA4HELL Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:47 am

My MPC had output for DirectShow Video as EVR Custom Pres from install but about 3-4 weeks ago I started getting
Error Creating EVR Custom renderer

CreateDevice failed
Error code 0x8876086A
DX9AllocatorPresenter failed

D3DERR_NOTACAILABLE

And subs would not work with pretty much all videos so I changed to it to system default this worked for a while then it started Playing videos upside down with subs inverted on top of being upside down. I have tried replacing the codec with CCCPs version same issue uninstalled and deleted all settings reinstalled k-lite still same issue I am assuming its a issue with my computer but have no clue where to even look tried changing the output to anything else but system default gives me some kind of error message. Any idea whats causing it and anyway to fix it?

ROOMA4HELL

Back to top Go down

EVR Custom Error Empty Re: EVR Custom Error

Post by Admin Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:41 pm

That error means there is a problem with your graphics driver. You should re-install the driver.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ROOMA4HELL Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:46 pm

Thank You, this seems to have fixed it from the videos I have tested.

ROOMA4HELL

Back to top Go down

Post by ROOMA4HELL Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:19 am

The odd thing is if I want to use the player at least once a day the driver has to be reinstalled -_- been having to do this since I first had this any idea what type of issue my computer is having? The computers running a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE NForce 430 it gives me that same error message when I try to use any MPC. After reinstalling the driver it works for about a day then starts giving the error again.

ROOMA4HELL

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:41 pm

My advice would be to change the video renderer to "EVR".

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ROOMA4HELL Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:17 am

Issue with just using EVR is it plays the video upside down, and if it has subtitles it also seems to invert them. You said the issue is with the drivers for the graphic card right? Would getting a new one prob fix the issue?

ROOMA4HELL

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Since it works again for a while after re-installing the driver, it is most likely a software issue and not a hardware one. You should try to figure out if using a specific program triggers the problem to return. For example a game or some other multimedia program.

The recommended procedure for installing the driver is:
1) Uninstall current driver
2) Reboot (windows will not temporarily use a generic VGA driver with low resolution)
3) Install new driver. The NVIDIA driver installer has an option to reset all settings to defaults. Make sure that is enabled.

A new driver was released a few days ago. You can get it here:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Also run the DirectX Diagnostics tool. Maybe that reveals any problems.
Start -> Run -> dxdiag

If all fails, then a fresh install of Windows might work wonders.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jlick Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:38 pm

I was having the same problem with my laptop and after trying reinstalling my video drivers, MPC-HC and resetting to defaults on both I was still having no luck. The solution for me was to go into the Power Options Control Panel where I found that something had set my laptop to the Balanced power profile. Once I switched back to the Performance power profile the player was fine again. Something about the Balanced power profile was causing DirectX to be disabled.

jlick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Interesting!

Can you set it back to balanced and then:
Start > Run > dxdiag.exe

In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, look at the Display page. Is "Direct3D acceleration" disabled?

Which GPU and driver do you have?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jlick Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:14 pm

Admin wrote:In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, look at the Display page. Is "Direct3D acceleration" disabled?

No need. I went through all the steps here and elsewhere and made notes. In dxdiag, both 32 bit and 64 bit it had:

DirectDraw Acceleration: Disabled
Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration: Disabled

(That's right, D3D was enabled but the other two disabled.)

Admin wrote:Which GPU and driver do you have?

My laptop is an Acer 3830TG which has a weird hybrid graphics chipset, Intel HD Graphics 3000 for 2D currently with v9.17.10.4229 and Nvidia GeForce GT540M for 3D currently with v10.18.13.5362. I went through a few different driver versions of each while debugging, so I'm quite sure it wasn't driver version dependent. It's running Win7 x64.

jlick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Control Panel\System and Security\Power Options > Balanced > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Multimedia

Does it make any difference if you set that to "optimize video quality"?

I don't see any other settings that might be responsible, but I am currently on a desktop PC.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jlick Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Admin wrote:Control Panel\System and Security\Power Options > Balanced > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Multimedia

Does it make any difference if you set that to "optimize video quality"?

It is already set to that for "Plugged in" and set to "Balanced" when on battery, and since this happened while plugged in, it may not be a factor. It is hard to tell though since I also reset all the power plans to default once I figured out switching between them caused the problem to occur. And of course now I can't get it to fail again, so it may be because I reset the power options.

jlick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:01 pm

Yes, here it also was already set to "optimize video quality" for the balanced profile (never changed, so should be default). Perhaps you could try the other values if you feel like more testing.

If that were the cause, then I think it should be possible to make the installer detect the incorrect setting and notify the user about it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum