Your system only provides hybrid hardware acceleration

2 posters

Go down

Your system only provides hybrid hardware acceleration Empty Your system only provides hybrid hardware acceleration

Post by minereak Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:30 am

Had a weird error message display during installation, couldn't find any information on it on the help page, faq, or this forum.

Your system only provides hybrid hardware acceleration Annota10

After googling I assume it's related to this information:

Nvidia gpus starting with Maxwell had hybrid aka partial hevc support, they used part of the compute function of the gpu to help decode, it wasnt until second generation maxwell that full hevc was implemented.
It's a partial solution which does work, 1080p hevc drops to single digits in cpu use in mpc
4k is too much for it to handle though, but that's not a common issue people deal with.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... -a-h-265-/
Feature Set E
Similar to feature set D but added support for decoding H.264 with a resolution of up to 4096 × 4096 and MPEG-1/MPEG-2 with a resolution of up to 4080 × 4080 pixels. GPUs with VDPAU feature set E support an enhanced error concealment mode which provides more robust error handling when decoding corrupted video streams. Cards with this feature set use a combination of the PureVideo hardware and software running on the shader array to decode HEVC (H.265) as partial/hybrid hardware video decoding.
GeForce GTX 745, GTX 750, GTX 750 Ti, GTX 850M, GTX 860M,GeForce 830M, 840M,GeForce GTX 970, GTX 980, GTX 970M, GTX 980M,GeForce GTX TITAN X, GeForce GTX 980 Ti

Feature Set F
Introduced dedicated HEVC Main (8-bit) & Main 10 (10-bit) and VP9 hardware decoding video decoding up to 4096 × 2304 pixels resolution.
GeForce GTX 750 SE, GTX 950, GTX 960

Feature Set G
Introduced dedicated hardware video decoding of HEVC Main 12 (12-bit) up to 4096 × 2304 pixels resolution.

Feature Set H are capable of hardware-accelerated decoding of 8192x8192 (8k resolution) H.265/HEVC video streams
GeForce GTX 1070, GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1060, NVIDIA TITAN XP, GeForce GTX 1050, GTX 1050 Ti

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=137743

I have a 970 so I'm vaguely irritated by that, and I had to spend an entire 5 minutes trying to find out what that error message meant, so as you can imagine I'm very put out. Razz

Anyway, thank you for having a specific error message, maybe add an explanation somewhere in the faq or help page.

minereak

Back to top Go down

Your system only provides hybrid hardware acceleration Empty Re: Your system only provides hybrid hardware acceleration

Post by Admin Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:38 pm

How would you formulate this warning message? I am always open to suggestions to make things more clear for novice users. Thanks.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Your system only provides hybrid hardware acceleration Empty Re: Your system only provides hybrid hardware acceleration

Post by minereak Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:06 am

In the help file that opens when you press the help button right below the error message, it uses the words "partial hardware acceleration", but the error message uses the words "hybrid hardware acceleration". I did not know that hybrid hardware acceleration meant partial hardware acceleration. Change the word "hybrid" to "partial".

minereak

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:07 pm

Will change that. Thanks.

The post on the VLC forum suggests that the 970 might be fast enough for 4K playback. If you have any such files, then I am curious about the CPU and GPU usage during playback.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum