sometimes videos freezing when playing them with K-Lite Codec Pack

2 posters

Go down

sometimes videos freezing when playing them with K-Lite Codec Pack  Empty sometimes videos freezing when playing them with K-Lite Codec Pack

Post by Yyoussef101 Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:12 pm

hey
sometimes videos freezing when playing them on K-Lite Codec Pack, i tried watching on vlc and it works good no freezing, i tried using differents K-Lite Codec Pack versions hoping that the problem will solve but nothing changed. the last version i used was the latest version of K-Lite Codec Pack mega 15.1.2 and still the problem didn't solve
hope to help me in fixing this problem

thanks

Yyoussef101

Back to top Go down

sometimes videos freezing when playing them with K-Lite Codec Pack  Empty Re: sometimes videos freezing when playing them with K-Lite Codec Pack

Post by Admin Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:04 pm

Are they short freezes? How often do they occur? Does audio continue normally when it happens?

One possible cause can be Malwarebytes. That can significantly reduce playback performance in some cases. If you have that installed, then put MPC-HC on its whitelist.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

sometimes videos freezing when playing them with K-Lite Codec Pack  Empty Re: sometimes videos freezing when playing them with K-Lite Codec Pack

Post by Yyoussef101 Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:12 pm

Admin wrote:Are they short freezes? How often do they occur? Does audio continue normally when it happens?

One possible cause can be Malwarebytes. That can significantly reduce playback performance in some cases. If you have that installed, then put MPC-HC on its whitelist.

yes short freezes. i don't know exactly, in some videos occur more and some occur less. yes audio continue normally.

i don't have Malwarebytes

Yyoussef101

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) during playback and check how high the CPU usage is. If it is close to 100%, then there is a performance problem.

Does the freezes only happen at times when subtitles appear, or also on videos without subtitles?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yyoussef101 Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:20 pm

Admin wrote:Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) during playback and check how high the CPU usage is. If it is close to 100%, then there is a performance problem.

Does the freezes only happen at times when subtitles appear, or also on videos without subtitles?

it's not close to 100% its limit is 60% and normal is 40% and Rarely reaches to 60%

it happens even if the subtitles didn't appear

note: all my videos Contains subtitles

Yyoussef101

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Copy this log here so I can see your system details:
Codec Tweak Tool > Generate Log

Try this setting in MPC-HC:
Options > Playback > Output > Video Renderer > Video Mixing Renderer 9 (renderless)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum