Player Window Off Screen

2 posters

Go down

Player Window Off Screen Empty Player Window Off Screen

Post by ShadowAD Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:38 pm

I started using a 43" 4K TV as a PC monitor and because of the text size was too small I need to set screen resolution to custom scale and layout of 200x.

In the player properties I set the "High DPI override" settings in Windows 10 to make the player look the same. Only problem now is every time I open

Classic Player it jumps to edge of screen and if left open and then click on different music file or video it moves further off screen sometimes so far I can't

grab it. If I move player window with mouse to center of screen. it still jumps to edge if I open new file.

Thanks.

ShadowAD

Back to top Go down

Player Window Off Screen Empty Re: Player Window Off Screen

Post by Admin Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:44 pm

Windows 10 also has an option to only increase text size, and not scale everything. Maybe that better matches with what you want.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Exactly what did you change in the compatibility settings? And which version of Windows 10?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowAD Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:09 pm

Thanks for your help, I ended up reinstalling Windows from a Acronis Backup which seems to have fixed the problem.

I was having trouble with Stardock Fences today and was thinking maybe that was part of the player problems in the last few days. The backup is quite old and so most apps are old versions now including K-Lite which is v1.8.3 (40b221073)

Even Windows 10 has had updates since this backup and at moment running v1607 Build 14393.479

I'm tempted to update to latest K-lite Player and hope the problem doesn't come back.

ShadowAD

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowAD Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:16 pm

PS: I did try enlarging the test option but when you get around 150%-200% the letters start getting chopped off at the bottom because the word spacing didn't change. All I did was change custom scale and layout to 225%.

Seems like a big jump in screen resolution but when your using 43" 4K at 3840 x 2160 it's not much. Can't bring it down as it makes the text too fuzzy so bigger I must go.

ShadowAD

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowAD Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:28 pm

Admin wrote:Exactly what did you change in the compatibility settings? And which version of Windows 10?

I right click onto player or app icon (not shortcut) and open properties, and at bottom you can disable display scaling on high DPI settings.

This older version of Windows 10 is not the same as the updated version I was using as it had options of "Program", "System" and "System Advanced" in a drop down.

ShadowAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:46 pm

Tried the same settings on W10 1903 and there were no issue with the player's window position.

So it is likely that the Stardock software was the cause.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum