Subtitles not supported on windows xp

2 posters

Go down

Subtitles not supported on windows xp Empty Subtitles not supported on windows xp

Post by nijazxp Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:36 pm

I downloaded last version (13.82) for windows xp today. Used default installation settings. Installed xp yesterday. SP3 x86 professional. When I drop srt subtitle into currently played video it tries to open subtitle instead, and closes video. "Subtitle track" submenu is gray/disabled in play menu. Everything is gray/disabled in file - subtitles submenu. I tried all combinations in playback - output, but regardless of does it show that it supports subtitles, they are not supported. Meaning even if green tick it still doesn't work. Tried changing directshow video, realmediavideo, quicktimevideo, audio renderer. I think i fixed this problem half a year ago, then forgot how to fix it again. It's full version of klitecodecpack. Current directshow video for example is default one which is System Default and says it supports screenshot and subtitles, but doesn't work. What to do? Btw, my xp is original from msdn, integrated with sp3 by microsoft. Volume license. Forgot to say, subtitle renderer is also gray/disabled near those directshow video and other settings i tried... I read https://www.codecguide.com/faq_subtitles.htm

nijazxp

Back to top Go down

Subtitles not supported on windows xp Empty Re: Subtitles not supported on windows xp

Post by nijazxp Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Aha, it's fixed now. I remembered what i did earlier, also that faq reminded me. I changed vdeo renderer until subtitle renderer became enabled (not gray anymore). It's video mixing renderer 9 (renderless). Probably i thought this one doesn't work because play - subtitles menu is supposed to be disabled if no subtitle is loaded, but i noticed first that file - subtitle is enabled. So changing video renderer actually fixed problem. I was confused, thought it didn't.

nijazxp

Back to top Go down

Subtitles not supported on windows xp Empty Re: Subtitles not supported on windows xp

Post by Admin Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:00 pm

All the subtitle menus in the player only work in combination with the internal subtitle renderer, which requires a compatible video renderer.

Subtitles work with other video renderers as well, but in that case VSFilter is used for the subtitle rendering. The menus are then not available. Subtitles are loaded automatically if they have same filename as the video file.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nijazxp Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Well, I didn't change subtitle renderer (vsfilter / directvobsub), and it works. Also I drag and drop srt file because it's easier. But subtitle track in play menu is not indicator of working subtitles (it's only enabled if subtitles are already loaded), but file - subtitles - load subtitle is. It's enabled now, and drag and drop works...

nijazxp

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Drag&drop uses the internal subtitle renderer. You should select that if you want the menus to update properly.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum