MPC-HC doesn't play some TS-files with HEVC

2 posters

Go down

MPC-HC doesn't play some TS-files with HEVC Empty MPC-HC doesn't play some TS-files with HEVC

Post by vramor Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:20 am

Beginning from KLCP 14.0.0 MPC-HC doesn't play some .TS files, which contain the records of Ultra HD with HEVC. For example this one. There was no problem with it with all the earlier KLCP (LAV) versions.

vramor

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC doesn't play some TS-files with HEVC Empty Re: MPC-HC doesn't play some TS-files with HEVC

Post by Admin Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:28 pm

14.0.2 is available.

It plays here, both with and without hardware acceleration. Just the first second has corruptions, but that is due to bad cut. Which GPU and driver do you have?

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC doesn't play some TS-files with HEVC Empty Re: MPC-HC doesn't play some TS-files with HEVC

Post by vramor Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:40 pm

The problem takes place on the different PC with different OSes and drivers. You can see details on the attached screenshots. If the reason is in bad cut, couldn't you make the next versions KLCP not so sensitive.

MPC-HC doesn't play some TS-files with HEVC 2018-02-23_202631.1519407493 MPC-HC doesn't play some TS-files with HEVC 2018-02-23_202911.1519407599

vramor

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:48 pm

The corruption at the beginning is normal and can't be fixed. Those first frames can't be decoded correctly because some references frames are missing. It has nothing to do with being sensitive.

You need to be more specific about what doesn't work in your care. Is there no video at all, or is it black, or something else.

You must use LAV Splitter because Haali Splitter does not support HEVC at all. I think I have already mentioned that in the past.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vramor Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Admin wrote:The corruption at the beginning is normal and can't be fixed. Those first frames can't be decoded correctly because some references frames are missing. It has nothing to do with being sensitive.
You need to be more specific about what doesn't work in your care. Is there no video at all, or is it black, or something else.
You must use LAV Splitter because Haali Splitter does not support HEVC at all. I think I have already mentioned that in the past.
Dear Admin,
If you don't see any problem with playback the file I've uploaded with the new KLCP versions, please don't waste your time anymore. I simply wanted to help you to make your product better or at least not worse than earlier versions. Now it all depends on you. I'm very sorry. Sad
P.S. I don't use Haali Splitter from the time of KLCP 11.9.6.

vramor

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:29 pm

I want to understand why it doesn't work for you.

Copy this here:
MPC-HC menu > Play > Filters > Copy filterlist to clipboard

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vramor Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:36 pm

MPC-HC doesn't play some TS-files with HEVC 2018-02-25_203428.1519580152

vramor

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:06 pm

Does disabling Hardware acceleration make any difference?
And EVR-CP as renderer instead of EVR?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vramor Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:21 pm

Admin wrote:Does disabling Hardware acceleration make any difference?
And EVR-CP as renderer instead of EVR?
No difference at all. I've checked all this first. I'd like to know if you see any problem with playing uploaded file on your site. This file was recorded during experimental UHD satellite broadcasting several years ago. There is no problem with playing modern UHD HEVC TSs with 14.0.2 KLCP version, though not noticeable improvement. Smile

vramor

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:35 pm

That file plays OK here with 14.0.2 if I use LAV Audio decoder. I tried it with AC3Filter like you use and it freezes here too.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vramor Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:07 am

Thank you! Great! That's the only thing I didn't think about.

vramor

Back to top Go down

Post by vramor Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Please teach me how to make LAV the default Audio Decoder for MPC-HC while AC3 Filter is installed in the system too. Thanks in advance.

vramor

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:11 pm

AC3Filter settings > System tab > uncheck all formats
or
AC3Filter settings > System tab > Filter merit > Prefer other decoder (this requires running the config as Administrator, otherwise you can't change this setting)

What do you need AC3Filter for?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vramor Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:42 pm

Admin wrote:What do you need AC3Filter for?
For nothing now. Smile Thank you!

vramor

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:47 pm

14.0.3 will use LAV Audio automatically for this (and similar) file.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vramor Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:49 pm

Admin wrote:14.0.3 will use LAV Audio automatically for this (and similar) file.
The feedback is useful after all. Smile
Filters currently loaded:
- Default DirectSound Device
- Enhanced Video Renderer
- Audio Switcher
- LAV Video Decoder
- LAV Audio Decoder
- LAV Splitter Source

vramor

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:49 am

Any reason why you are using "Enhanced Video Renderer" instead of "Enhanced Video Renderer (Custom Presenter)"?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vramor Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:09 am

Admin wrote:Any reason why you are using "Enhanced Video Renderer" instead of "Enhanced Video Renderer (Custom Presenter)"?
I found the playback with EVR (especially in case of playing this problem .TS file) is noticeable smoother than with EVR Custom Presenter.
As to AC3Filter, DVBViewer is proposes to install it during itself installation. Several other apps demanded AC3Filter.

vramor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum