Mp3 files basic tag information is not showing in windows explorer...Pls help!!!

Go down

Mp3 files basic tag information is not showing in windows explorer...Pls help!!!

Post by josephkarthic on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Hello,

The basic mp3 file information such as bitrate, length, title, album, artist, etc are not shown when you click a mp3 file in explorer...Ive been using Klite codec since 2003 I believe, Earlier Ive never noticed this issue with previous klite versions but Recently Im not able to see any tags for any mp3 file...I have more than 10,000 mp3 files which all have tags on them...only the recent versions of klite is not showing the information...

If i install a plugin called "Audioshell" then everything is displayed but that extension crashes the explorer frequently so I dont want to use that...

Ive tried sfc /scannow ... no issues

Could someone pls check if you were able to see those tags and help me on this issue ?

josephkarthic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mp3 files basic tag information is not showing in windows explorer...Pls help!!!

Post by Admin on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:29 am

The properties of MP3 are actually already handled by Windows itself. The codec pack doesn't normally need to add that functionality.

Which version of Windows do you use? I should be able to make a registry script for you to fix this. I suspect some registry keys are missing.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Mp3 files basic tag information is not showing in windows explorer...Pls help!!!

Post by Admin on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:41 am

This should do it:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.mp3]
"InfoTip"="prop:System.ItemType;System.Size;System.Music.Artist;System.Media.Duration;System.OfflineAvailability"
"ExtendedTileInfo"="prop:System.ItemType;System.Size;System.Music.Artist;System.Media.Duration;System.OfflineAvailability"
"FullDetails"="prop:System.PropGroup.Description;System.Title;System.Media.SubTitle;System.Rating;System.Comment;System.PropGroup.Media;System.Music.Artist;System.Music.AlbumArtist;System.Music.AlbumTitle;System.Media.Year;System.Music.TrackNumber;System.Music.Genre;System.Media.Duration;System.PropGroup.Audio;System.Audio.EncodingBitrate;System.PropGroup.Origin;System.Media.Publisher;System.Media.EncodedBy;System.Media.AuthorUrl;System.Copyright;System.PropGroup.Content;System.ParentalRatingReason;System.Music.Composer;System.Music.Conductor;System.Music.ContentGroupDescription;System.Music.Mood;System.Music.PartOfSet;System.Music.InitialKey;System.Music.BeatsPerMinute;System.DRM.IsProtected;System.Music.IsCompilation;System.PropGroup.FileSystem;System.ItemNameDisplay;System.ItemType;System.ItemFolderPathDisplay;System.DateCreated;System.DateModified;System.Size;System.FileAttributes;System.OfflineAvailability;System.OfflineStatus;System.SharedWith;System.FileOwner;System.ComputerName"
"PreviewDetails"="prop:System.Music.Artist;System.Music.AlbumTitle;System.Music.Genre;*System.Media.Duration;System.Rating;System.Media.Year;*System.Size;System.Music.TrackNumber;System.Music.AlbumArtist;System.Title;*System.Audio.EncodingBitrate;*System.DateModified;*System.OfflineAvailability;*System.OfflineStatus;*System.DateCreated;*System.SharedWith"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PropertySystem\PropertyHandlers\.mp3]
@="{C120DE80-FDE4-49f5-A713-E902EF062B8A}"

Last edited by Admin on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by josephkarthic on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:22 am

Wow this is awesome, Ive been searching all over the net for solution and your answer fixed it without installing anything for basic windows thing...

Im using windows 7 64bit service pack 1(build 7601)... Maybe some updates broke it or I dont know...

Anyways thankyou so much for the help...appreciate it... Smile

josephkarthic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:21 pm

I have added two additional values above. Should be fully complete now.

Plugins like AudioShell can mess with these values and fail to restore them to the original when uninstalling.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by josephkarthic on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:50 pm

Admin wrote:I have added two additional values above. Should be fully complete now.

Plugins like AudioShell can mess with these values and fail to restore them to the original when uninstalling.

Thankyou Ive actually uninstalled Audioshell before running your fix...

But May i know what are the additional two values which you added?

your first script worked flawlessly...Should i overwrite it with the second one?

josephkarthic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Yes, you can just overwrite it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum