LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Go down

LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by vramor on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:28 pm

There is SmartBook with Intel Atom Z3735F (Bay Trail-CR). MPC-HC works perfectly using LAV with Hardware Accelerator Intel HD Graphics under Windows 10 version 1511. Up to KLCP version 13.8.0. Unfortunately after automatically (but undesirable!) upgrade Windows to version 1709 (OS Build 16299.125) LAV lost the possibility to support HW acceleration. LAV simply cut to see Intel HD Graphics as Active Hardware Accelerator with any Hardware Decoder to use. DXVA2 (native) was available before Windows upgrade and provided smoothly playback video with 60 MBit/s bitrate on the same SmartBook.
There is no problem with the embedded Movies & TV. Windows player provides the smoothly playback both before and after upgrade.
Microsoft doesn't give us the simple life. Smile

vramor

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by Admin on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Look at: MPC-HC Menu > Play > Filters

LAV must be connected directly to Enhanced Video Render (Custom Presenter). So no additional filters in between like VSFilter or ffdshow video processor.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 4193
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by vramor on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:37 pm

Admin wrote:Look at: MPC-HC Menu > Play > Filters

LAV must be connected directly to Enhanced Video Render (Custom Presenter). So no additional filters in between like VSFilter or ffdshow video processor.
Thank you for your attention. There was no problem with it until the last Windows upgrade, so I've killed the upgraded version, and made the recovery using the preserved image. I also blocked any Windows 10 update, I wrote my post just FYI. Smile

vramor

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by notcyf on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:24 am

vramor wrote:
Admin wrote:Look at: MPC-HC Menu > Play > Filters

LAV must be connected directly to Enhanced Video Render (Custom Presenter). So no additional filters in between like VSFilter or ffdshow video processor.
Thank you for your attention. There was no problem with it until the last Windows upgrade, so I've killed the upgraded version, and made the recovery using the preserved image. I also blocked any Windows 10 update, I wrote my post just FYI. Smile

Windows Upgrades tend to set things to default, it's best after an upgrade(E.G. Creators Update to Fall Creators Update) to reinstall K-Lite with the latest version using quick upgrade, this will preserve your options made in K-Lite/Codec Tweak Tool but will force the settings back to pre-upgrade values.

notcyf

Posts : 141
Join date : 2017-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by vramor on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 am

notcyf wrote:Windows Upgrades tend to set things to default, it's best after an upgrade(E.G. Creators Update to Fall Creators Update) to reinstall K-Lite with the latest version using quick upgrade, this will preserve your options made in K-Lite/Codec Tweak Tool but will force the settings back to pre-upgrade values.
So I did, but no use: LAV didn't see Intel HD Graphics as HW accelerator at all.

vramor

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by notcyf on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:19 pm

vramor wrote:
notcyf wrote:Windows Upgrades tend to set things to default, it's best after an upgrade(E.G. Creators Update to Fall Creators Update) to reinstall K-Lite with the latest version using quick upgrade, this will preserve your options made in K-Lite/Codec Tweak Tool but will force the settings back to pre-upgrade values.
So I did, but no use: LAV didn't see Intel HD Graphics as HW accelerator at all.

That is because you most likely have to reinstall Intel HD Graphics driver as well. just press uninstall in Programs & Features and either go to intel.com or just check Windows Update.

notcyf

Posts : 141
Join date : 2017-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:39 pm

Yes, most likely a driver issue. LAV is working fine.

Also, don't be tempted to select Intel QuickSync as hardware decoder. Use DXVA2 or D3D11.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 4193
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by vramor on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:19 pm

Admin wrote:Yes, most likely a driver issue. LAV is working fine.
I agree that LAV is working fine. But I don't think that this is a driver issue. The Intel HD Graphics driver is a part of the Windows, so I don't need to install it, and I never installed any driver on this SmartBook. If I need to reinstall drivers after Windows upgrade I don't need such upgrade. Smile
Also, don't be tempted to select Intel QuickSync as hardware decoder. Use DXVA2 or D3D11.
Of course I tried all of available Hardware Decoder - no use.

vramor

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:32 pm

The driver is installed automatically by Windows, but it is not part of Windows. That driver is often older than what can be installed manually, and updating drivers manually can in fact solve problems sometimes.

Each big Windows 10 update so far has required manufactures to make changes in graphics drivers and the initial drivers often have bugs that are fixed in later driver updates.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 4193
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by vramor on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Admin wrote:The driver is installed automatically by Windows, but it is not part of Windows.
Please don'be a letter-bound person! Smile
That driver is often older than what can be installed manually, and updating drivers manually can in fact solve problems sometimes.
Not in this case.
Each big Windows 10 update so far has required manufactures to make changes in graphics drivers and the initial drivers often have bugs that are fixed in later driver updates.
Elementary! Smile
P.S. That SmartBook doesn't worth the time we waste to discuss this issue. Please consider my information as a caution of possible accident. Smile

vramor

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by notcyf on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:10 pm

vramor wrote:
Admin wrote:The driver is installed automatically by Windows, but it is not part of Windows.
Please don'be a letter-bound person! Smile
That driver is often older than what can be installed manually, and updating drivers manually can in fact solve problems sometimes.
Not in this case.
Each big Windows 10 update so far has required manufactures to make changes in graphics drivers and the initial drivers often have bugs that are fixed in later driver updates.
Elementary! Smile
P.S. That SmartBook doesn't worth the time we waste to discuss this issue. Please consider my information as a caution of possible accident. Smile

There's one thing you can do to test whether it's LAV or your driver:  https://www.videohelp.com/software/DXVA-Checker

Run this and check under DXVA2 and(make sure to select Intel HD in the drop down menu below).

If it isn't showing up at all it is 100% likely that it is a driver/registry issue. If there are <random string of hardware device numbers and latters> entries with "Hardware Device: Yes" under Intel GPU then this means that DXVA should be correctly registered in the regsitry and selectable in LAV.

notcyf

Posts : 141
Join date : 2017-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by vramor on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:35 pm

notcyf wrote:There's one thing you can do to test whether it's LAV or your driver:  https://www.videohelp.com/software/DXVA-Checker
Run this and post your results in an image(make sure to select Intel HD in the drop down menu below).
If it isn't showing up at all it is 100% likely that it is a driver/registry issue.
You're starting all over again! DXVA Checker shows that the system supports HW Acceleration, all the video are played normally with Windows player, i.e. the driver for Intel HD Graphics is OK and can use HW acceleration, but LAV doesn't see any Active Hardware Accelerator and cannot use it!
Please read my first post and stop saying humdrum! Evil or Very Mad

vramor

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by vinix on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:22 am

@vramor: I have a computer stick came with the same Intel Atom Z3735F. It's currently Win10 1703 and can play 60mbps video from Jellyfish Video Bitrate Test Files smoothly with hardware acceleration using K-Lite Mega 13.8.1.

I'll upgrade it to 1709 to see if hardware accerelation is still working.

vinix

Posts : 5
Join date : 2014-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by notcyf on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:30 am

vramor wrote:
notcyf wrote:There's one thing you can do to test whether it's LAV or your driver:  https://www.videohelp.com/software/DXVA-Checker
Run this and post your results in an image(make sure to select Intel HD in the drop down menu below).
If it isn't showing up at all it is 100% likely that it is a driver/registry issue.
You're starting all over again! DXVA Checker shows that the system supports HW Acceleration, all the video are played normally with Windows player, i.e. the driver for Intel HD Graphics is OK and can use HW acceleration, but LAV doesn't see any Active Hardware Accelerator and cannot use it!
Please read my first post and stop saying humdrum! Evil or Very Mad

We're not saying humdrum. We don't own your PC, we can't see what is going on with it. We can only presume the most likely and help troubleshoot. I have no issue with Intel HD and Windows FCU.

notcyf

Posts : 141
Join date : 2017-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAV lost HW Acceleration under Windows 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum