Need help with configuring K-lite codec pack with MadVR setting solely for watching anime only.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need help with configuring K-lite codec pack with MadVR setting solely for watching anime only.

Post by Seph on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:22 am

As title says I need help with configuring the codec especially for MADVR, from default setting what setting should I change for high quality anime since Kawaii codec pack(KCP) is pretty much outdated. And also for K-lite codec pack should I change any setting like  (1) should I use 64-bit instead of 32-bit (2) Should I use DXVA or DXVA native or anything better (3)Etc. Any help would be much appreciated Smile

My PC hardware configuration:-
CPU:-i7-7700k
GPU:-GTX 1080
WINDOWS:- Windows 10-64bit home edition

Seph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need help with configuring K-lite codec pack with MadVR setting solely for watching anime only.

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:10 pm

For hardware acceleration you should select DXVA2 copy-back.

In Madvr use these settings:
* shroma upscaling > Jinc + anti-ringing
* image-upscaling > NGU Anti-Alias (high quality)
If your videos are usually of very good quality, then you could also try NGU Sharp.
* image downscaling > SSIM 1D
* processing > artifact removal > reduce banding artifacts > low (2x)
* rendering > smooth motion > enable

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Need help with configuring K-lite codec pack with MadVR setting solely for watching anime only.

Post by Seph on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:02 am

Admin wrote:For hardware acceleration you should select DXVA2 copy-back.

In Madvr use these settings:
* shroma upscaling > Jinc + anti-ringing
* image-upscaling > NGU Anti-Alias (high quality)
If your videos are usually of very good quality, then you could also try NGU Sharp.
* image downscaling > SSIM 1D
* processing > artifact removal > reduce banding artifacts > low (2x)
* rendering > smooth motion > enable
Hi Admin,
Thank you for this guide and it's really helpful, just some questions though, for reduce banding artifacts > low(2x) I assume I must go for low for both options, and for rendering smooth motion I must enable it without changing any option below it or should I change it to always or something? and SSIM 1D is 100% I guess. Thanks again for this because the codec setting running my videos without any problem just want the confirmation about that last 3 questions xD.

Seph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:31 pm

Yes, low for both debanding. You can increase to medium if you still see banding on some videos. But usually low is enough.
For smooth motion also just enable.

If you press Ctrl+J then you can see the rendertime during playback. This value should stay below the frame duration. For example with 24 fps video, it should be lower than 1000ms / 24 fps = 41ms.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seph on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:46 am

Admin wrote:Yes, low for both debanding. You can increase to medium if you still see banding on some videos. But usually low is enough.
For smooth motion also just enable.

If you press Ctrl+J then you can see the rendertime during playback. This value should stay below the frame duration. For example with 24 fps video, it should be lower than 1000ms / 24 fps = 41ms.
Perfect, it works like a charm like I used to be watching anime with KCP but now even better with updated Madvr lol

Seph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Yes, this should be much better than the highest preset of KCP.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum