On Installation K-Lite found nonexistent GPU

2 posters

Go down

On Installation K-Lite found nonexistent GPU Empty On Installation K-Lite found nonexistent GPU

Post by xtexan Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:40 pm

I am installing K-Lite Standard, from scratch, on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.

On the K-lite installation dialogue box entitled "Hardware Acceleration", there are two detected GPUs.
1. The first-listed GPU is valid and current.
2. The second GPU (AMD Radeon HD 6670) is an old GPU that was been removed some time ago, and no longer appears in the Windows Device Manager (and therefore cannot be removed).

The K-Lite "Hardware Acceleration" page lists the second (old) GPU in association with a driver "aticfx64.dll", which I found in the C:\windows\system32 folder as well as the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERSTORE\FILEREPOSITORY folder.

Before proceeding with K-lite installation, how can I fully remove the phantom driver, since it does not appear in the Windows Device Manager?

On Installation K-Lite found nonexistent GPU NzSUE

xtexan

Back to top Go down

On Installation K-Lite found nonexistent GPU Empty Re: On Installation K-Lite found nonexistent GPU

Post by Admin Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:04 pm

You can safely install the pack. The information of the second GPU isn't used for anything.

You can remove leftovers of previously used GPUs with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU).
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

On Installation K-Lite found nonexistent GPU Empty Re: On Installation K-Lite found nonexistent GPU

Post by xtexan Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:25 am

Awesome, that is just what I was looking for, thank you! (I have been eyeing DDU, thanks for the timely confirmation).

xtexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum