MPC-HC How to set up mouse thumb buttons to medium skip forward and back?

2 posters

Go down

MPC-HC How to set up mouse thumb buttons to medium skip forward and back? Empty MPC-HC How to set up mouse thumb buttons to medium skip forward and back?

Post by Klein Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:08 pm

I have usually set up my installation of MPC-HC so that the mouse wheel controls the volume and the thumb buttons skip forward and back 10 seconds.

Every once in a while (once a year or two) these key settings (and only these) wipe themselves for no reason I can fathom.

Now I need to be able to recreate them.

The mousewheel volume thingy was not so tricky as there was an obvious app command to select, but the skipping bit just will not work and I can't see anything in the app command dropdown that looks appropriate. I adjusted the medium period to 10000ms in tweaks and set x1 down and x2 down as skip forward medium and skip back medium, respectively, but still no joy.

Can anyone help me out with any steps I may have missed here?

Thanks.

Klein

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC How to set up mouse thumb buttons to medium skip forward and back? Empty Re: MPC-HC How to set up mouse thumb buttons to medium skip forward and back?

Post by Admin Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:58 pm

Mousewheel already controls volume by default (when player window has focus).

x1 down and x2 down are the correct mouse actions. You need to set in both Mouse Windowed and Mouse Fullscreen columns.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

MPC-HC How to set up mouse thumb buttons to medium skip forward and back? Empty Re: MPC-HC How to set up mouse thumb buttons to medium skip forward and back?

Post by Klein Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:03 pm

Did that. Nothing. Do I need something in app commands?

Klein

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:39 pm

No, app commands are not needed.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Klein Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:51 pm

Well, all of a sudden the thumb buttons were doing next file/previous file, which I have stopped, but they resist any effort to make them skip forward or back 10 seconds instead.

Anyone who might guide me through setting this up so it works will get my undying gratitude.

Tearing my hair out.

Klein

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:41 pm

Yes, upon double-checking, those buttons are already assigned by default to next/previous file. You should be able to fix that by assigning those actions to NONE for mouse.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Klein Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Yes. Did that, but still cannot reassign thumb buttons to skip 10 seconds.

Klein

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Try this registry script:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MPC-HC\MPC-HC\Commands2]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MPC-HC\MPC-HC\Commands2]
"CommandMod0"="902 b 27 \"\" 5 10 0 10"
"CommandMod1"="901 b 25 \"\" 5 13 0 13"
"CommandMod2"="922 3 22 \"\" 5 0 11 0"
"CommandMod3"="921 3 21 \"\" 5 0 12 0"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Klein Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Well, that was downright odd.

I ran your script, and it changed the controls as required. Still nothing.

I tried swapping out the mouse in case it was a hardware issue. Same result.

On a hunch, I applied the x1 and x2 buttons to a short skip forward and back instead and adjusted the short skip length to 10000 in tweaks and now it's fine.

Back to medium skip: Nothing. Change to lengthened short skip: Perfect.

Thanks for your help. I have no idea why it worked one way and not another. At any rate, the issue is solved. Gremlins, maybe.

Klein

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:47 pm

The mouseclicks are only captured when the mouse pointer is above the video. Perhaps that was a difference wile testing.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Klein Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:45 pm

Nope. Redid it and tested that. No difference. Voodoo, huh?

Speaking of voodoo, even though I unticked "keep history of recently opened files" in options, if I right click MPC in the task bar, it still brings up a list of the 10 most recently opened files. To remove that, I have to go back into options and tick/untick/apply the history box each time, which wipes the list back to zero until another file is opened.

Any suggestions on that?

Klein

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:25 pm

The history that is shown in the taskbar menu is maintained by Windows itself. There is an option in Windows to turn that off. Right-click on taskbar -> properties.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum