K-Lite Codec causes Techsmith Snagit video capturing not to work correctly

2 posters

Go down

K-Lite Codec causes Techsmith Snagit video capturing not to work correctly Empty K-Lite Codec causes Techsmith Snagit video capturing not to work correctly

Post by Almighty1 Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 pm

K-Lite Code causes Techsmith Snagit video capturing to not work correctly for me and others as after processing the recorded video capture, Snagit error will open up with the error mentioned here:
https://support.techsmith.com/hc/en-us/articles/224489387-Snagit-Windows-No-longer-able-to-create-GIFs-after-updating-to-Windows-10-Anniversary-Edition-?_ga=2.2508275.2100134905.1509475888-1204316730.1508757991

uninstalling K-Lite Codec will allow Snagit to work correctly. This problem has been happening for atleast 6 months.

Almighty1

Back to top Go down

K-Lite Codec causes Techsmith Snagit video capturing not to work correctly Empty Re: K-Lite Codec causes Techsmith Snagit video capturing not to work correctly

Post by Admin Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:45 pm

It is most likely a bug in SnagIt. But lets figure out what is causing the compatibility issue, because it may be possible to avoid it. Some of the codecs in the pack have a blacklisting feature that could be used.

With the Codec Tweak Tool you can (temporarily) disable each individual item from the codec pack. Use that to pinpoint which component is related to the problem.
Codec Tweak Tool > Codec and Filter Management
Start with the DirectShow filters from the pack.

I am assuming that you are using default settings of the codec pack. If you have disabled Media Foundation or any of the Microsoft codecs, then you should test with those tweaks reverted.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

K-Lite Codec causes Techsmith Snagit video capturing not to work correctly Empty Re: K-Lite Codec causes Techsmith Snagit video capturing not to work correctly

Post by Almighty1 Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Yes I am using with the default settings except I disabled mp4 and disabled mkv as the K-Lite tips guide says. I thought it was enabled that would cause the problem. I'll give what you mentioned a shot and see what happens and will report back.

Almighty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Almighty1 Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:08 pm

I found the problem, do you happen to know the URL for the page that opens up automatically after the full version installer is finished?

As I am running Windows 10, one of the tips was to disable both .mkv and .mp4 files in media foundation except the problem is it breaks playback of .mp4 files as it will result in a error instead of playing the file with the Moves and TV app. When I revert both of those, Movies and TV plays the mp4 file without problems and the Snagit problem is also fixed.

Almighty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:25 pm

This is the page:
http://codecguide.com/configuration_tips.htm

It warns to read the help file before applying those tweaks, as it breaks playback in applications that use Media Foundation. A more explicit warning will get added to the Codec Tweak Tool itself too to make people more aware of the negative effects.

Disabling Media Foundation is only useful for Windows Media Player. You should not use those tweaks if you use another player.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum