During Installation K Lite doesnt show Movies & TV app in Preffered Player list in Windows 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

During Installation K Lite doesnt show Movies & TV app in Preffered Player list in Windows 10

Post by Salman831 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:08 am

Hello, Ive been a user of VLC for quite a while but I used KLite simultaneously on Windows Media Player however recently Ive been really liking the new "Movies and TV" app that comes as a default app in Windows 10,
sadly during the installation of K lite Codec pack I only see Windows Media Player (x32 and x64) in preferred players list but not Movies and TV app which has been my defacto app since I started using it,

Is it possible to configure all the Codecs of K Lite for Movies and TV app and then afterwards I uninstall VLC too and just use the Movies and TV app since now it will support all the famous Codecs because of K Lite

Salman831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: During Installation K Lite doesnt show Movies & TV app in Preffered Player list in Windows 10

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 pm

The Movies and TV app only uses the standard codecs from Windows. It does not use the codecs from K-Lite or any other third party codecs.

Have you tried the MPC-HC player that is included with K-Lite? That is a very good player.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: During Installation K Lite doesnt show Movies & TV app in Preffered Player list in Windows 10

Post by Salman831 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:46 pm

yes I have tried it and Im not saying that its bad, I just liked the interface of the new Movies and TV app more and rather preferred it and removed the rest of the players.

Shouldnt Movies & Tv app use teh same codecs that Windows Media Player?

Salman831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:12 pm

Movies & TV app only uses Media Foundation type codecs.
WMP can also use DirectShow, DMO, and VFW type codecs.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum