"washed, blocky" videos

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"washed, blocky" videos

Post by yoco on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:39 pm

Hey! I have a big issue. All videos I try to watch (youtube, twitch, mkv, etc.) are "washed, blocky". I don't know what could be the problem. I have 1060 6GB, I updated latest drivers, everything worked fine. Today I restarted pc, this happens. My os is W7 pro.
It looks like this
http://shrani.si/f/22/cB/grMgsrX/video.png
http://shrani.si/f/26/3p/2fNuUJfr/video2.png

Anyone knows what to do?

yoco

Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by yoco on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:29 pm

I managed to fix it (i think), with full codec and mpc uninstall, and k-lite codecs install.

yoco

Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by yoco on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:45 pm

I spoke too soon. The issue is back. All I did was restart my pc. I don't know what's causing this!!!

yoco

Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:08 pm

Since it also happens in your browser, which uses codecs from Microsoft, it most likely is a problem with hardware accelerated decoding. Try an older version of the nvidia driver.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by yoco on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:42 pm

So as of now it's fine again. I did bios reset, and I hope it fixed it.
One thing I noticed when I watch movies, shows in MPC, video starts to "stutter" a bit at random times. Any idea what could be the issue?

yoco

Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by notcyf on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:43 am

yoco wrote:So as of now it's fine again. I did bios reset, and I hope it fixed it.
One thing I noticed when I watch movies, shows in MPC, video starts to "stutter" a bit at random times. Any idea what could be the issue?

stutter as in random blockiness that shows part of a previous frame? That's usually the result of a wrongly encoded or corrupt video. If you mean random stutter as in just lag, that is related to performance.

notcyf

Posts : 99
Join date : 2017-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by yoco on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:17 am

It's like you'd press pause for slight a second.

yoco

Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:23 pm

This may help:
NVIDIA control panel > Manage 3D settings > Global Settings > Power Management Mode > Select "Adaptive"

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by yoco on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:31 pm

I'll try that and post later!

yoco

Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Nomand on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:33 pm

Admin wrote:This may help:
NVIDIA control panel > Manage 3D settings > Global Settings > Power Management Mode > Select "Adaptive"

I have the same problem with stutter/lag as yoco. The solution to the problem, only helps after you have reinstalled drivers and codecs, then it all starts again... Very upset because just bought the GTX 1060 6 GB... What to do now I don't know. Sad
P.S. Win 10. This problem occurs only when watching anime, especially in OP or ED when the picture moves slowly to the side.

Nomand

Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:38 pm

If you update your drivers, then the NVIDIA settings may get reset, so you have to re-apply the adjustment. The power management fix is for stuttering video, not for the video corruption problem.

If you use Chrome as a browser, then update it to the latest version. If the problem still happens, then disable hardware acceleration in its settings.
Settings > Advanced Settings > System > disable "Use hardware acceleration when available".

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Nomand on Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:13 pm

Admin wrote:If you update your drivers, then the NVIDIA settings may get reset, so you have to re-apply the adjustment. The power management fix is for stuttering video, not for the video corruption problem.

If you use Chrome as a browser, then update it to the latest version. If the problem still happens, then disable hardware acceleration in its settings.
Settings > Advanced Settings > System > disable "Use hardware acceleration when available".

and what have Chrome? if I have is stuttering when watching anime, with files everything is in order as the same series looked at the previous 750 ti and it was fine.

Nomand

Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 pm

The Chrome comment was for yoco.

Does your stuttering problem happen only when the video has animated subtitles? What is the CPU usage?

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Nomand on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Admin wrote:The Chrome comment was for yoco.

Does your stuttering problem happen only when the video has animated subtitles? What is the CPU usage?

Intel Core i5 3470 3.20 Ghz. Yes, with subtitles. Without them, I have not tried, but movies and TV shows work great.

Nomand

Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:30 pm

In LAV Video Decoder settings, change the hardware decoder to "DXVA2 (native)".

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Nomand on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:20 am

Admin wrote:In LAV Video Decoder settings, change the hardware decoder to "DXVA2 (native)".

Really the problem is something to do with subtitles. As if to turn them off, everything becomes good. Switching to DXVA2 (native) didn't help.

Nomand

Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:30 pm

MPC-HC options > Subtitles

If you have a high resolution 4k monitor, then I recommend changing "maximum texture resolution" value to 1920x1080. That may help improve performance.

Anime videos often have animated subtitles (like karaoke effects) which can be quite complex to render. You could test the "Never animate the subtitles" option to see if it is a performance problem.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Nomand on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Admin wrote:MPC-HC options > Subtitles

If you have a high resolution 4k monitor, then I recommend changing "maximum texture resolution" value to 1920x1080. That may help improve performance.

Anime videos often have animated subtitles (like karaoke effects) which can be quite complex to render. You could test the "Never animate the subtitles" option to see if it is a performance problem.

Yes do use a 4K monitor for viewing. Indeed, if you enable the option "do not animate the subtitles" and put 0 in the "render at % of the animation" then all works well. Please tell me how can I fix it? Just what happens to the old GTX 750 TI, everything was fine, even with 4K resolution and animated subtitles. And now there is a new graphics card, but there are problems here, though nothing else in the computer configuration did not change except her. How can this be? The problem is the new card and maybe give it back as defective or is it a problem at all 10 cards line from NVIDIA?

Nomand

Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by notcyf on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:09 am

Nomand wrote:
Admin wrote:MPC-HC options > Subtitles

If you have a high resolution 4k monitor, then I recommend changing "maximum texture resolution" value to 1920x1080. That may help improve performance.

Anime videos often have animated subtitles (like karaoke effects) which can be quite complex to render. You could test the "Never animate the subtitles" option to see if it is a performance problem.

Yes do use a 4K monitor for viewing. Indeed, if you enable the option "do not animate the subtitles" and put 0 in the "render at % of the animation" then all works well. Please tell me how can I fix it? Just what happens to the old GTX 750 TI, everything was fine, even with 4K resolution and animated subtitles. And now there is a new graphics card, but there are problems here, though nothing else in the computer configuration did not change except her. How can this be? The problem is the new card and maybe give it back as defective or is it a problem at all 10 cards line from NVIDIA?

Was it the same exact video/anime series you used on the GTX 750 Ti? Some animated subtitles are heavier than others.

notcyf

Posts : 99
Join date : 2017-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:59 pm

Rendering the subtitles is done by the CPU. So your GPU should not matter.

There can be huge differences in complexity for animated subtitles. The target resolution also has a big effect on performance. So you should really try adjusting the "maximum texture resolution" value to 1920x1080. That might improve performance enough to be able enable animation again.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by notcyf on Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:32 pm

Hmm, but maybe a wrong setting causes him to use more CPU instead of GPU, which in turn will reduce the performance of the subtitle rendering and be the cause of the stutter? That or the animated subtitles are just heavier than the anime videos he was watching on his 750 Ti

notcyf

Posts : 99
Join date : 2017-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Nomand on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:55 pm

I checked on absolutely the same subtitles and series. with the GTX 750 ti's all good, but GTX 1060 stuttering. If the rendering is CPU, then how something could go wrong if the CPU did not touch and especially not to mess with the settings. Just inserted another graphics card and installed new drivers for it. And that problem is not with the resolution I tried with monitor 1080p

Nomand

Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:54 pm

Playback was good when animation was disabled, right? Test with animation enabled at less than 100% of video frame rate.

Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager and look at the CPU usage details graphs. If one of the cores is at/near 100% that would explain the problem. Subtitle rendering is mostly single-threaded.

Also try the "maximum performance" power setting in the NVIDIA settings.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Nomand on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Yes without animation works good. The frame rate has changed and it gave a positive result. Was changed from 100% to 10%. Problem solved thank you. But I would like still to know what was the cause of all this. "Maximum performance" did not help, and verification of processor cores showed that they all worked about 39%, sometimes reaching up to 48%.

Nomand

Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:50 pm

It means that your CPU is not fast enough to animate the subtitles at full speed. The usage % is of all CPU cores combined, but a single core can be a bottleneck when a task can't be divided between cores.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "washed, blocky" videos

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum