AAC Downmixes from 7.1 to 2.0 Need help please.

3 posters

Go down

AAC Downmixes from 7.1 to 2.0 Need help please. Empty AAC Downmixes from 7.1 to 2.0 Need help please.

Post by usertron Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Hello, My situation is I am using a HTPC to play movies through my receiver and I have some AAC files using media info I know these are 7.1 Channel which my receiver brand new pioneer SC-LX701 Does up to 11.2

My problem is I am thinking the receiver does not decode AAC I think (HE-AAC) Via HDMI. I have the Codec pack which is up to date let the receiver do the decoding. Is there any way I can have the computer decode the AAC and send to the receiver to decode to 7.1? Every other format works fine its just the AAC that downmixes to 2.0.

Thanks and Sorry for the bad explanation

Using
Sony XBR900E TV
Radeon Sapphire R9 270X 4gb Video card
AMD 7870 CPU
16 GB Ram
Pioneer SC-LX701 Receiver

usertron

Back to top Go down

AAC Downmixes from 7.1 to 2.0 Need help please. Empty Re: AAC Downmixes from 7.1 to 2.0 Need help please.

Post by notcyf Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:42 am

usertron wrote:Hello, My situation is I am using a HTPC to play movies through my receiver and I have some AAC files using media info I know these are 7.1 Channel which my receiver brand new pioneer SC-LX701 Does up to 11.2

My problem is I am thinking the receiver does not decode AAC I think (HE-AAC) Via HDMI. I have the Codec pack which is up to date let the receiver do the decoding. Is there any way I can have the computer decode the AAC and send to the receiver to decode to 7.1? Every other format works fine its just the AAC that downmixes to 2.0.

Thanks and Sorry for the bad explanation

Using
Sony XBR900E TV
Radeon Sapphire R9 270X 4gb Video card
AMD 7870 CPU
16 GB Ram
Pioneer SC-LX701 Receiver

I'm going to guess you are using bitstream(which lets the receiver do all decoding) . It is not possible to let the PC decode specific formats without first changing the output. AAC is a subset of HE-AAC. HE-AAC is only ever used for bitrates below 128kbps, and is part of the same specification. You will have to disable bitstream in the audio output settings to let the PC handle audio decoding(it will send uncompressed PCM to the receiver through HDMI).

Also, it's not entirely clear: The HE-AAC files are decoded by your receiver but it only outputs 2 channels, or does it not decode at all? Your receiver should be able to decode AAC. Your receiver might just be downmixing to stereo because of a setting.

notcyf

Back to top Go down

AAC Downmixes from 7.1 to 2.0 Need help please. Empty Re: AAC Downmixes from 7.1 to 2.0 Need help please.

Post by Admin Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:33 pm

It is not needed to disable bitstreaming. That only applies to the formats for which you have enabled it. All other formats, including AAC, are decoded on the computer and transferred as PCM through HDMI.

Codec Tweak Tool > Audio Output > Select 7.1

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum