Hi cannot update due crash on older windows xp machine, can some check this video for me

2 posters

Go down

Hi cannot update due crash on older windows xp machine, can some check this video for me Empty Hi cannot update due crash on older windows xp machine, can some check this video for me

Post by opened Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:29 pm

hi

iam on older version here klite pack due to it crashing my older windows xp machine,

https://codecs.forumotion.net/t1392-windows-xp-blue-screen-fatal-error-crash-latest-update-packs?highlight=windows+xp

so pls dont ask me to update to latest, iam asking if someone can be so kind and check video below on this version
K-Lite_Codec_Pack_995_Standard (if you need the download link for this version let me know i will upload it to zippyshare)

this is the video pls download and check it out on this version, it plays but is just blank screen no video picture or audio

www4.zippyshare.com/v/Y486QbEy/file.html

its from bbc site and used it because it is small size and easy to upload and someone to download

i think probably simple fix for someone who knows i think its a simple settings problem, can someone help?

opened

Back to top Go down

Hi cannot update due crash on older windows xp machine, can some check this video for me Empty Re: Hi cannot update due crash on older windows xp machine, can some check this video for me

Post by Admin Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:04 pm

Plays perfect with latest version.

I doubt you will find anyone here that uses XP SP2.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Hi cannot update due crash on older windows xp machine, can some check this video for me Empty Re: Hi cannot update due crash on older windows xp machine, can some check this video for me

Post by opened Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:44 pm

hi

i dont need auyone on xp sp2 i need someone to download
K-Lite_Codec_Pack_995_Standard
www111.zippyshare.com/v/w8OP4XwS/file.html

and then play the file i uploaded, and tell me why it only show blank screen, its not about xp windows its that i cannot update on this older machine and the last version of klite 995 version is the last version to work on without crashing my machine

so can you be so kind install that version of klite and test this video pls mp4 file, you sill see shows a blank screen, iam sure you can tell right way what the problem is why it show no video on this mp4, probably just a klite setting issue, never had issue with mp4 before.

can you help admin

opened

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:31 pm

You can't fix playback of that file with that version of the pack.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by opened Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:05 pm

hi

pls explain in more detail why i cannot play on this version

its just a mp4 and not x265

it just a standard x264 mp4 pls is there auy setting like a different decoder i can select to atliest let me play the mp4 file, as i explain before i cannot update above this version so pls elaborate in more detail

pls explain in detail what extactly is the issue and why it will now work. there is no reason why it should not work, which make me think it can be got working by changing some setting

pls explain!

opened

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:54 pm

There can be very subtle differences between files, and this depends mostly on the software that was used to create the MP4 file. The MP4 container is very complex with several features that may or may not be used. There is no such thing as a "standard" MP4 file.

That specific file fails with both LAV splitter and Haali splitter in that old version of the codec pack. So you can not fix it by changing settings. The only solution would be to remux the file. For example with MkvToolNix.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/MKVToolNix/old-versions
You may need to use an older version, as newest may not work on XP.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by opened Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:39 pm

thanks admin for explaining i thought as first the file was corrupt but when i tried on windows 7 with latest klite it worked fine.

is there a way i can install 2 version of klite on same machine while keeping the old 995 version untouched.

opened

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:53 pm

You can install only one version of the codec pack on each installation of Windows.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum