How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by GrindJohn on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:14 am

Hello! Can't put the sound on the receiver is DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD, instead, only hear the core DTS or DD. Receiver Pioneer 421-k( supports HD audio), connected by 1.4 HDMI cable to the sound card ASUS Xonar HDAV 1.3. Can filters need to do something? In the codec settings all settings of the HD audio, but HD audio does not work!




GrindJohn

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by Admin on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:55 pm

The codec settings are correct.

The problem with most likely with sound driver or driver settings.
Windows Control Panel > Sound > select device > Properties > Supported Formats > enable everything

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3555
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by GrindJohn on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Admin wrote:The codec settings are correct.

The problem with most likely with sound driver or driver settings.
Windows Control Panel > Sound > select device > Properties > Supported Formats > enable everything
I managed to get HD audio only player ArcSoft Total MeidaTheatre. I repeat that the sound card has full support for Dolby True HD and DTS HDMA! Is there any way to force Media Player Classic to circumvent the ban the driver for HD playback of sound and force still output the HD sound?

Sorry for my English...





GrindJohn

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:41 am


Problem is that DTS-HD and TrueHD are not available there. That is the cause of the problem.

Can't you use the AMD HDMI output?

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3555
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by GrindJohn on Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:45 am

Admin wrote:
Problem is that DTS-HD and TrueHD are not available there. That is the cause of the problem.

Can't you use the AMD HDMI output?
No I'm using ASUS Xonar HDAV 1.3. AMD I gave an example, but through her, too, sound in HD format not play!

And once again, that the card has support for Dolby True HD and DTS HDMA, using Total Media Theatre HD sound is reproduced. How to force MPC to output sound in HD format? Can external filters need to use?

GrindJohn

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:41 pm

You could try using Arcsoft Audio Renderer. That seems to works for some people with a Xonar.

MPC-HC options > External Filters > Add ArcSoft Audio Renderer and set is as preferred

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3555
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by GrindJohn on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:59 am

Admin wrote:You could try using Arcsoft Audio Renderer. That seems to works for some people with a Xonar.

MPC-HC options > External Filters > Add ArcSoft Audio Renderer and set is as preferred

I can't choose Arc Soft Audio Renderer. Nothing happens when  select!



GrindJohn

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by Admin on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:43 pm

I think that is a 32-bit filter, so it only works with the x86 version of MPC-HC.

The Xonar does not work in combination with DirectSound audio renderers. You could also try the non-DirectSound ones in
options > playback > output

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3555
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by GrindJohn on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:28 pm

Admin wrote:I think that is a 32-bit filter, so it only works with the x86 version of MPC-HC.

The Xonar does not work in combination with DirectSound audio renderers. You could also try the non-DirectSound ones in
options > playback > output
And this is not helping!




GrindJohn

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Then your only hope is the Arcsoft renderer in combination with the x86 version of MPC-HC.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3555
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by GrindJohn on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:49 am

Admin wrote:Then your only hope is the Arcsoft renderer in combination with the x86 version of MPC-HC.
It's still not working! As I understand it only ArcSoft plays HD sound!







MPC sees no HDMI, only SPDI/F
Sadness...

GrindJohn

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by Admin on Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:43 pm

It is normal that you see S/PDIF there. That is the format in which the data is bitstreamed. It just has the same name as the connection. The same data format is also used for HDMI.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3555
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by GrindJohn on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:46 am

Admin wrote:It is normal that you see S/PDIF there. That is the format in which the data is bitstreamed. It just has the same name as the connection. The same data format is also used for HDMI.
But the problem remained! Sound is not output to the receiver in HD

GrindJohn

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by Admin on Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:19 am

Try with ffdshow as audio decoder.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3555
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by GrindJohn on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:45 am

Admin wrote:Try with ffdshow as audio decoder.
Here's what I managed to achieve






But unfortunately the receiver does not perceive the sound, no sound!


GrindJohn

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by Admin on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:58 pm

The big problem is that Asus has locked the driver to only work with Arcsoft TMT. Some people have gotten it to work in MPC-HC by using the Arcsoft Audio Renderer, but the success depends on many factors, including the version of the Arcsoft software.

Have you tried with the "connect as pcm first" option enabled in ffdshow? The dropdown box below it also has a Xonar option.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3555
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by GrindJohn on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Admin wrote:The big problem is that Asus has locked the driver to only work with Arcsoft TMT. Some people have gotten it to work in MPC-HC by using the Arcsoft Audio Renderer, but the success depends on many factors, including the version of the Arcsoft software.

Have you tried with the "connect as pcm first" option enabled in ffdshow? The dropdown box below it also has a Xonar option.
I tried to put all of the options. Not helping!

GrindJohn

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by Admin on Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:50 pm

I don't have any other suggestions. The Xonar is an old card with may limitations.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 3555
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: How to play the sound DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD?

Post by Syntax on Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:20 pm

If all else fails you could use MPC-HC to decode the DTS-HD MA and TrueHD to PCM then bitstream it.

Enable it by:

1. MPC-HC > options > Playback: Output: Audio Renderer: Internal Audio Renderer
2. MPC-HC > options > Internal Filters: Audio Renderer: Enable exclusive mode and bitstreaming.

Note: THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH MPC-HC 1.7.11.13 (K-LITE UPDATE 12.9.9). This is a nightly I believe and something went wrong. It does work with K-Lite Codec Pack 12.9.5. So downgrade to that until it's sorted out.


Last edited by Syntax on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missing steps)

Syntax

Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum