MS Codec Tweaks - Command Line?

2 posters

Go down

MS Codec Tweaks - Command Line? Empty MS Codec Tweaks - Command Line?

Post by chinagreenelvis Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:58 am

I'm looking for a simple way to flip a few MS Codec Tweaks on the fly.

Explanation: I'm using Winamp to playback video playlists and I'm running a visual filter on them. Some files don't accept the filter unless I disable the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder. Unfortunately, this also disables H264 and MP4 playback in various web browsers.

I'm launching Winamp through a batch file that makes other system tweaks before and after it runs and could easily add whatever commands are necessary to flip these options, but I have no idea what they would be or how to alter them programmatically.

Alternatively, if there is another way of getting the aforementioned videos to use the filter without disabling the decoder, I'd accept that.

Here's the mediainfo from one of the files in question. The common thread seems to be DIVX3.

Spoiler:

chinagreenelvis

Back to top Go down

MS Codec Tweaks - Command Line? Empty Re: MS Codec Tweaks - Command Line?

Post by Admin Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:19 pm

Click on the Help button. At the bottom of the Help there is a list of command-line parameters.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:32 pm

Since Winamp is 32-bit you only need to apply the x86 tweaks. If you use a 64-bit browser, then MP4 playback will continue to work.

The Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder is not used for DIVX3. The Mpeg43 Decoder DMO is used for that. Disabling that decoder doesn't have any effect on browsers.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by chinagreenelvis Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Admin wrote:Click on the Help button. At the bottom of the Help there is a list of command-line parameters.

I feel like an idiot for not even thinking to click on that. It's all right there, and I'm thankful the developers created all of these options. Thanks!

chinagreenelvis

Back to top Go down

Post by chinagreenelvis Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Admin wrote:The Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder is not used for DIVX3. The Mpeg43 Decoder DMO is used for that. Disabling that decoder doesn't have any effect on browsers.

I'll give that a whirl, but disabling DTV-DVD did make it work in the first place.

Last edited by chinagreenelvis on Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

chinagreenelvis

Back to top Go down

Post by chinagreenelvis Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:37 pm

chinagreenelvis wrote:
Admin wrote:The Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder is not used for DIVX3. The Mpeg43 Decoder DMO is used for that. Disabling that decoder doesn't have any effect on browsers.

I'll give that a whirl, but disabling DTV-DVD did make it work in the first place.

That absolutely does the trick! Thanks!

chinagreenelvis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum