!! what tools to convert videos to Uncompressed BIG files??

2 posters

Go down

!! what tools to convert videos to Uncompressed BIG files??  Empty !! what tools to convert videos to Uncompressed BIG files??

Post by truston Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:48 am

hello! Very Happy
I'd like to convert some videos to uncompressed-at-all big files, not using any codec to encode them.
yep, kinda strange huh? well it's what I need now, but can't find any tool with this option now...
please give me some tools, all that u know, I'll try them.
thx! @admin Razz

truston

Back to top Go down

!! what tools to convert videos to Uncompressed BIG files??  Empty Re: !! what tools to convert videos to Uncompressed BIG files??

Post by Admin Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:49 pm

For AVI files you can use VirtualDub to save as uncompressed.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

!! what tools to convert videos to Uncompressed BIG files??  Empty Re: !! what tools to convert videos to Uncompressed BIG files??

Post by truston Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:58 am

Admin wrote:For AVI files you can use VirtualDub to save as uncompressed.
thank u. but this tool supports only a few formats to open, it says "Virtual cannot decode mpeg-2 video streams." when I try to open a .m2v
are there any better tools to open most formats??
thx! Very Happy

truston

Back to top Go down

Post by truston Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:24 am

Admin wrote:For AVI files you can use VirtualDub to save as uncompressed.
oh yes, could u also teach me to output uncompressed avi, with FFmpeg or WinFF??
thx!

truston

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:17 pm

AviDemux supports a large number of input formats. To output uncompressed, select YV12 encoder for video, PCM for audio, and AVI for format.

But why do you need uncompressed? You may be able to skip the step of storing the data, and feed it directly into whatever you are doing next.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by truston Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:24 am

Admin wrote:AviDemux supports a large number of input formats. To output uncompressed, select YV12 encoder for video, PCM for audio, and AVI for format.

But why do you need uncompressed? You may be able to skip the step of storing the data, and feed it directly into whatever you are doing next.
hard to say why I need it, anyway, it did work! thank u! Very Happy

truston

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:41 pm

If you are worried about quality loss, then there are also codecs that are lossless, meaning they lose no quality. For example HuffYUV or Lagarith. Benefit is a 5-10x smaller file.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by truston Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:35 am

Admin wrote:If you are worried about quality loss, then there are also codecs that are lossless, meaning they lose no quality. For example HuffYUV or Lagarith. Benefit is a 5-10x smaller file.
now I learned it, thanx!! Very Happy

truston

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum