Online Subs Search wrong or limited results

3 posters

Go down

Online Subs Search wrong or limited results Empty Online Subs Search wrong or limited results

Post by DeadlyBGShadow Sun May 22, 2016 5:36 pm

Online Subs Search is not working correctly.
When setting language preference the results are limited or nonexistent.
When searching for subs i know exist on the provider site they don't show.
The simple way to see the problem is to leave out the preference and you will see there are limited results compared to the database they have at the site.
The tested video is the TV show "12 Monkeys S02E05 Bodies of Water" and the preference i searched for is bulgarian language.
The problem can be seen not only for OpenSubtitles but other providers when testing as yifysubtitles for example.

PS: Don't know if you use the same program/script as Kodi's one for getting subs but when i tried from there to search in OpenSubtitles there was no problem in finding the subs, hope that can help you find the problem and fix it.
Thanks.

DeadlyBGShadow

Back to top Go down

Online Subs Search wrong or limited results Empty Re: Online Subs Search wrong or limited results

Post by Admin Mon May 23, 2016 3:43 pm

MPC-HC uses its own code for parsing the filename and performing the subtitle search. The developers are aware that it is not working perfectly yet.

If you are currently using version 12.1.0, then you should update to 12.1.4. That works a bit better already.

For anyone that reads this and is having problems with the subtitle search not returning the correct results, please reply in this topic with the exact filename of the video file. The developers can use that information to improve the filename parsing.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Online Subs Search wrong or limited results Empty Re: Online Subs Search wrong or limited results

Post by DeadlyBGShadow Mon May 23, 2016 4:17 pm

I'm using 12.1.4 right now. Thanks for the information.
It's good to know you are aware of the problem and are working on it.

PS: Changing the filename does not give different results, changing the Folder the file's in however does that. Thought you should know.

DeadlyBGShadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 23, 2016 5:59 pm

Can you give both file and folder names?

(don't worry about downloaded files, I don't care about that)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyBGShadow Tue May 24, 2016 11:20 pm

Folder is named: "Rush Hour Trilogy 1080p Bluray"
File: "Rush Hour 1 1998 1080p Bluray x265"
As such changing the name of the file makes no difference and i see only one sub Rush Hour Trilogy 1998.
But when i change the Folder to "Rush Hour Trilogy 1080p" things get different and i get different results for my different filename.

PS: The process can be reproduced using random Video file, Just tested.
Using K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1210_Mega with klcp_update_1214_20160518.
Will test the new K-Lite Codec Pack 12.1.5 to see if there is a change.

PS2: Same results with the newer version.

DeadlyBGShadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 25, 2016 5:47 pm

Thanks for the info.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirito Fri May 27, 2016 7:29 am

he ...

what option to make MPC-HC search online subtitle when the video doesn't have subtitle ??

Kirito

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 27, 2016 2:49 pm

Look in: Options > Subtitles

You can also search by pressing D.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum