".ts" files and WMP - using K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1205_Standard.exe

2 posters

Go down

".ts" files and WMP - using K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1205_Standard.exe Empty ".ts" files and WMP - using K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1205_Standard.exe

Post by vlk Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Hello,
I'd like to use DLNA to watch movies on my TV. I use WMP for this and I have no problem with usual files type, but since France change free to air TV I record sometimes and get ".ts" files.
The problem is that WMP dont recognize the ".ts" files, that is the reason why I install "K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1205_Standard.exe" on the computer but it is still not working. I made 2 tests :
1 : on a computer with Windows 7 and WMP 12, after install K-Lite : the ".ts" files are integrated in WMP library and can be play, but there is no sound Sad
2 : on a computer with Windows XP and WMP 11, after install K-Lite : the ".ts" files are not integrated in WMP library, but if I double click on a ".ts" file it is open by WMP and play correctly (but this work only to see the file on the computer, not through DLNA)

So, I'll be happy if some of you can help me to find a solution. It doesn't matter if I have to use solution 1 or 2, I'll take the 1st working one.

Thanks

vlk

Back to top Go down

".ts" files and WMP - using K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1205_Standard.exe Empty Re: ".ts" files and WMP - using K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1205_Standard.exe

Post by Admin Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:05 pm

WMP12 uses certain codec from Microsoft by default, and those tend to fail in certain situations.

This could solve it:
Codec Tweak Tool > MS Codec Tweaks > Disable Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio decoder

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

".ts" files and WMP - using K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1205_Standard.exe Empty Re: ".ts" files and WMP - using K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1205_Standard.exe

Post by vlk Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:38 pm

Sorry for late answer, I wasnot at home this week.

I'd just try your advice and I still havent sound.

I restart computer, but still no sound.

I have to find something else.

Thanks for your suggestion.

vlk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:48 pm

You could use MPC-HC instead of WMP. That doesn't need any tweaks to play such files.

Another option is to disable Media Foundation. But then DLNA will not work.

You should also check:
Windows Control Panel > Sound > default device > Properties > Supported Formats > uncheck everything
This tab is only shown on device that support bitstreaming, like HDMI.

Bitstreaming should also be disabled in:
Codec Tweak Tool > Audio Output
It is disabled by default, put perhaps you enabled it during installation.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlk Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:30 pm

Dear Admin,
I tried all you suggest but without success.

You should also check:
- Windows Control Panel > Sound > default device > Properties > Supported Formats > uncheck everything
there is nothing to "check", only information
- Bitstreaming should also be disabled in:
here I have perhaps a problem, the selected choice is "Keep existing setting", and if I change by "Disable" then "Apply & close" I still have no sound, BUT when I enter the menu I see that the selected value is again "Keep existing setting" which seems to be force by ???

Looking to my XP computer where I can have sound while reading the file on the computer I saw that there are several Icon "LAV" which appears on the right botton bar of the screen, the LAV are not on the Windows 7 computer.

- I also install MPC-HC but I dont find how to get DLNA with it ?

Perhaps if I'm able to disable bitstream ... but I dont know if there are other method than Codec Tweak Tool ?

Thanks for your suggestion.

vlk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:47 pm

MPC-HC does not have a library function and does not do DLNA. It is for playback on your computer.

Lets first focus on making playback work on your computer and then on DLNA. The behavior of DLNA also depends on the receiving device, because that is responsible for decoding the audio and video in that case. Perhaps your TV does not support the audio format that the file contains. You can get details about the file by right-clicking on it and selecting MediaInfo,

You can safely experiment with all the tweaks in the Win7DSFilterTweaker section of the Codec Tweak Tool. Every change can be reverted.

Don't worry. The CTT always shows "Keep existing settings" when you open that settings page, because it controls multiple codecs with possibly inconsistent settings. Any option you have selected when pressing Apply will be applied correctly.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlk Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:14 pm

Dear Admin,
I follow your advice and connect my computer directly to the TV using HDMI cable and it was working perfectly on a small TV we have in a working room. Then I move to our main TV, and : NO Sound Sad
I spend few hours again on Internet and somebody say that we have to select the sound source on the computer by right clic on the loudspeaker icon on right bottom part of the screen. Now it works. But for people who havent knowledge it is crazy, it works with 1 TV and not with a second one ... both are SONY.
It works with MPC-HC, but still no sound with WMP.
I'll continue some setting adjust tests to know if I can use WMP, then switch to DLNA if it works as I dont like to have a noisy computer close to my TV.
Thanks again for your suggestion.

vlk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:28 pm

There are several free DLNA server applications available that you could try as an alternative for WMP. The benefit of those applications is for example that they are also capable of transcoding (converting in realtime) file format that aren't supported directly by your TV.

Examples are: Plex, PS3MediaSever, and Serviio.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vlk Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:24 am

I tried PS3MediaServer but the result is not nice, the stream is hashed. I'll be out of home in the next weeks but I'll keep you aware of progress when I'll work on during June.
Thanks

vlk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum