External subtitles for MKV files in Windows 10

Go down

External subtitles for MKV files in Windows 10 Empty External subtitles for MKV files in Windows 10

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:51 am

Hi,
Great thanks to the Win7DSFilterTweaker, With the Windows 10 Home 10586, I could finally load external srt/ass files with Media Player by turn off Media Foundation for .mp4 files.
But maybe it would be better if I could load srt/ass for .mkv files......
I deserve that when I turn off Media Foundation for .mkv files manually in Regedit, Media Player load the subtitles perfectly. So it is the same reason why Media Player could not load external subtitles, cuz the Media Foundation.
Here comes the point: Could you please consider to add the function to turn off Media Foundation for .mkv files??
This is the capture when Win7DSFilterTweaker running:
External subtitles for MKV files in Windows 10 20160310
(Only mp4, No mkv)

By the way, I use LAV with DirectVobsub.

THANKS A LOT!!

PS:Tried turn off Media Foundation, still can't load subtitles for mkv files. Also, Media Player turned to be so slow.

Back to top Go down

External subtitles for MKV files in Windows 10 Empty Re: External subtitles for MKV files in Windows 10

Post by Admin Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:25 pm

Win7DSFilterTweaker is a bit outdated. You should use the Codec Tweak Tool instead. That already has the mkv option you need.

For subtitles to load, you also need to set the preferred decoders to the recommended settings (= use merit).

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

External subtitles for MKV files in Windows 10 Empty Re: External subtitles for MKV files in Windows 10

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:06 am

Admin wrote:Win7DSFilterTweaker is a bit outdated. You should use the Codec Tweak Tool instead. That already has the mkv option you need.

For subtitles to load, you also need to set the preferred decoders to the recommended settings (= use merit).

LOTS OF THANKS!!
The Codec Tweak Tool works fine!
Also checked the H.264 use merit, umm... looks like nothing changed Very Happy but OK, I would just keep it checked.
Thank you for your work again!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum