Strange or BUG ?? I lost the installation after X days...........

2 posters

Go down

Strange or BUG ?? I lost the installation after X days........... Empty Strange or BUG ?? I lost the installation after X days...........

Post by DjDiabolik Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:11 pm

I have noticied a strange situation on my system (Windows 7 X64). Every X days i lost the installation of MEGA Pack.......... for example:
Some days ago i have make a FULL UNINSTALL and reinstall of latest "11.8.0 Mega Pack". Immediately after i have install the update 11.8.3............ and now i watched on my APP and the K-Lite it's no more listed inside it.

I don't know the motive............ the MPC-HC it's working as charms............ it's very strange situation because if tomorrow a news upgrade package it's released i can install it but i need before to reinstall the 11.8 full package and after install this package.

Because ?? There's a little bug whit the latest install procedure ?

DjDiabolik

Back to top Go down

Strange or BUG ?? I lost the installation after X days........... Empty Re: Strange or BUG ?? I lost the installation after X days...........

Post by Admin Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:39 pm

Things don't just suddenly disappear. Something else is removing things or you are not looking in the correct location (Windows Control Panel > Programs).

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Strange or BUG ?? I lost the installation after X days........... Empty Re: Strange or BUG ?? I lost the installation after X days...........

Post by DjDiabolik Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:50 am

Admin wrote:Things don't just suddenly disappear. Something else is removing things or you are not looking in the correct location (Windows Control Panel > Programs).

I'm sure........ the installation it's working.......... the all files it's untoched....... only the installation info it's disappering!

I'm also try to search using RevoUnistaller....... and K-lite codec it's no more listening........... also on Control Panel.. you can look here the all programs sorted by date:
https://i.imgur.com/dGrwooR.png

Look also on RevoUnistaller.... and i have make a FULL Reinstallation about one week ago:
https://i.imgur.com/WcJRcEf.png

DjDiabolik

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:19 pm

I don't know what is removing it.

I don't recommend using RevoUninstaller. It may only cause problems by removing stuff it should not remove. The K-Lite uninstaller is very smart and does a proper job.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DjDiabolik Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:22 pm

Admin wrote:I don't know what is removing it.

I don't recommend using RevoUninstaller. It may only cause problems by removing stuff it should not remove. The K-Lite uninstaller is very smart and does a proper job.
But i'm ever using revouninstaller............... for years and years and i never obtain similar problems and how can we be sure that he is the culprit Smile ?

*EDIT*
Another OT question:
From Codec Tweak Tools 6.0.3............. the KLCP Update Check it's disabled. There's some components missing on my installation ?? There's a .exe or external tools i can check if it's deleted on my installation folder ??

DjDiabolik

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:38 pm

I am not saying that Revo caused it. I am just saying that Revo can cause problems in general if you let it make changes without verifying that they are safe.

Update check can be disable if the current date on your computer is wrong.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DjDiabolik Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:03 pm

mmmmmmmm......... otherwise i have make another FULL REINSTALL.............. and today it's disappears again.

I not have used anythings........ i have only shutdown the pc yestarday and restart 5 minutes ago... i have check and it's disappears again..................

I have tryed before to shutdown and the KLCP update check it's working............. now it's again disabled...........

I thinks somethings goes wrong in latest installer........i continue to not understand what....

What about you say my date it's wrong................ahaahahah.. it's impossible it's correct......

DjDiabolik

Back to top Go down

Post by DjDiabolik Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:09 pm

I try to install latest full beta 1.8.4.................

*EDIT*
After used the included uninstall........ i have reboot my Windows 7........... and i have reinstall the best 11.8.4..............

Look here:
Strange or BUG ?? I lost the installation after X days........... 4OFN5i0

It's a screenshot of my Desktop........ and IObit Uninstaller says 11.8.4 correctly installed Smile

Look also inside Codec Tools:
Strange or BUG ?? I lost the installation after X days........... HTIS5TO

The button of "update check" it's enabled............. all it's perfect and i have make this installation 5 seconds ago.

On this next 4 days i go on vacation............... next Monday i come back to my home and re-turn on my pc and i can check if the installation it's disappears again...........

DjDiabolik

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:41 pm

Right-click on your C:\ drive > Properties > Tools > Error Checking

Enable all options and perform the scan. It is possible part of the Registry file is damaged. Then an older backup is restored during boot.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DjDiabolik Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:31 pm

Admin wrote:Right-click on your C:\ drive > Properties > Tools > Error Checking

Enable all options and perform the scan. It is possible part of the Registry file is damaged. Then an older backup is restored during boot.

Apparently this scan for files....... and not for registry............. otherwise all it's ok and no more disappering on my pc Smile ........... very strange......

DjDiabolik

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:43 am

The registry is a database that is stored as a (few) files.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:44 am

The registry is a database that is stored as a (few) files.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DjDiabolik Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:00 pm

Admin wrote:The registry is a database that is stored as a (few) files.
Yes i know... the registry it's stay in a difference partition respect the system partition.....

DjDiabolik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum