K-Lite now bundled with web companion that changes your home page and search provider

View previous topic View next topic Go down

K-Lite now bundled with web companion that changes your home page and search provider

Post by robertdenaut on Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:28 pm

With the latest download of K-Lite I got Lavasoft Web Companion bundled too. I uninstalled it in Programs and Features in Windows 10 but it leaves .dlls in System 32 and Syswow64 that if removed will terminate one's internet connection . their forum says to all it's users to run a command prompt of "netsh winsock reset". Is this safe and will it return my internet connection to the way it was??(*I use Optimum ISP)

robertdenaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: K-Lite now bundled with web companion that changes your home page and search provider

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:34 pm

Yes, that command should fix the Internet connection.

This uninstall issue is high priority for Lavasoft, so hopefully it will get fixed very soon.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: K-Lite now bundled with web companion that changes your home page and search provider

Post by robertdenaut on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:58 am

Yes it worked for me.I didn't see the checkbox for the bundled software but Lavasoft has a very good reputation.

robertdenaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum