K-Lite now bundled with web companion that changes your home page and search provider

View previous topic View next topic Go down

K-Lite now bundled with web companion that changes your home page and search provider

Post by robertdenaut on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:28 am

With the latest download of K-Lite I got Lavasoft Web Companion bundled too. I uninstalled it in Programs and Features in Windows 10 but it leaves .dlls in System 32 and Syswow64 that if removed will terminate one's internet connection . their forum says to all it's users to run a command prompt of "netsh winsock reset". Is this safe and will it return my internet connection to the way it was??(*I use Optimum ISP)

robertdenaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: K-Lite now bundled with web companion that changes your home page and search provider

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:34 am

Yes, that command should fix the Internet connection.

This uninstall issue is high priority for Lavasoft, so hopefully it will get fixed very soon.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: K-Lite now bundled with web companion that changes your home page and search provider

Post by robertdenaut on Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Yes it worked for me.I didn't see the checkbox for the bundled software but Lavasoft has a very good reputation.

robertdenaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:44 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum