Error during installation - "Internal error: Cannot access 64-bit registry keys on this version of Windows."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error during installation - "Internal error: Cannot access 64-bit registry keys on this version of Windows."

Post by Rakkakimba on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:51 pm

When I tried to install new version of "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack" - "K-Lite Codec Pack 11.5.9 Mega" I get this error message: "Internal error: Cannot access 64-bit registry keys on this version of Windows." and setup rolling back changes and installation can't finish, so I can't use my favourite codecs anymore Sad

I tried the newest beta "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 11.6.1" but the same error occur as above.
This never has happened to me before with previous versions of "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack".

Maybe there is a minor mistake on part while compiling the setup wizard?

Version of Windows: ----------------------------------- Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise x86 (Build 10240) fully updated till 31.10.2015
Versions of "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack" affected ------ "11.5.9", "11.6.1"
I already tried these solutions: ----------------------- "Run As Administrator", "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 8", "Clean the registry with CCleaner", "Restart the PC", "Clean install"(previous version was uninstalled").

When click "OK"
Rakkakimba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error during installation - "Internal error: Cannot access 64-bit registry keys on this version of Windows."

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:27 am

Will be fixed. Thanks for reporting. Until then use the latest stable version 11.5.5.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Error during installation - "Internal error: Cannot access 64-bit registry keys on this version of Windows."

Post by Rakkakimba on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:33 am

Thank you for fast response, best wishes to the team and long life K-Lite Mega Codec Pack! cheers

EDIT: The problem is gone with version "11.6.2", good job!
Rakkakimba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum