There a report of a Virus in Klite 11.4.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There a report of a Virus in Klite 11.4.0

Post by emurach on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:34 am

Major Issue, Installed K-lite in my pops PC last weekend. Symantec Endpoint Protection threw out a serious virus warning. One of the MADVRxxx.DLL had a Heuristics Virus in it and was marked Serious by SEP. Please run a "Virus Total" scan on all the files on the distribution packages files.

Also, please get rid of the free offer junk. K-lite is awesome. But attaching such junk to its installer lowers its professional standing immensely in my eyes. I too have witnessed the junk installing when it was told not to. And yes I do step by step custom installs. Anything that installs and doesn't fully uninstall or won't install normally is up to no good. I spend to much time as it is trying to keep the machine free of junk.

If program authors what to package something with K-lite choose partner's who are on the same professional level k-lite. Not some
sketchy app infecting a system with operational issues as it hijacks everything.

emurach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: There a report of a Virus in Klite 11.4.0

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:44 am

The pack is clean. You can check yourself with VirusTotal. The madvr detection is a false positive. It happens each time a new version of madvr is released. It usually takes a while for Symantec to fix their detection. You may be having an outdated version of the Symantec software.

K-Lite never installs anything without permission. Simply decline the offer if you don't want it and you are good.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum