WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games

Go down

WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games Empty WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games

Post by Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:55 pm

Hello,
whenever I open any .wma file (both WMA v2 0x0161 and WMA 9 Professional 0x0162 or WMV.-file with WMA-audio) with GSpot 2.70a, when pressing MS A/V 1 I get the message "Rendering failed. Following is the error reported by DirectShow: 0x80040240: [unknown]".
My actual problem: Although I can play any .wma-file with any player (including Windows Media Player), I do not hear any music in all XNA-based games which try to play .wma-files  
K-Lite Codec Pack version: 11.2.5
Solutions I have already tried without success: reinstalling audio drivers, reinstalling wmp, reinstalling XNA games, using Codec Tweak Tool 5.9.8 functions (Fixes, Reset, Preferred Splitters, etc.), GSpot (System/List Codecs show no problems), Filmerit 3.0.8, RadLight Filter Manager 1.6,  Nirsoft InstalledCodecs 1.30, installing K-Lite Codec Pack (I did not use it until now).
Thanks in advance for your help.

Back to top Go down

WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games Empty Re: WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games

Post by Admin Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:39 pm

Does GraphStudioNext give the same error as GSpot?
If yes, are you able to manually construct a graph using these filters: 1) WM ASF Reader, 2) WMAudio Decoder DMO, 3) Defauft DirectSound Device

This Registry key may fix it:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Media Type\{E436EB83-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}\{6B6D0801-9ADA-11D0-A520-00A0D10129C0}]
"0"="0,4,,3026B275"
"1"="0,4,,D129E2D6"
"Source Filter"="{187463A0-5BB7-11D3-ACBE-0080C75E246E}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\Media Type\{E436EB83-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}\{6B6D0801-9ADA-11D0-A520-00A0D10129C0}]
"0"="0,4,,3026B275"
"1"="0,4,,D129E2D6"

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games Empty Re: WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:26 pm

GraphStudioNext doesn't give any error when I open a .wma-file. I see following graph:
WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games Graph011

I also tried merging your Registry key and got at first the error message "Not all data was successfully written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other process", then I tried to input your keys manually with regedit and discovered that they are already there, exactly as you sent them. (I forgot to say that I have a german version of windows 7x64 and translate the error messages from german to english for the forum). Anyway I tested XNA games again, but still no wma-tracks are played.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:57 pm

I also tried to manually construct a graph using the filters you mentioned with following result:

WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games Graph012

WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games Graph013

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:03 pm

You should open the .wma file, not the .dll file. But it doesn't matter since the automatic graph already worked properly.

Also try with the 32bit version of GraphStudioNext. GSpot and your games are also 32bit.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:37 pm

OK, when I open the wma-file with the 32bit version of GraphStudioNext, I get no WM ASF Reader, instead this is what I see:

WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games Graph016

If I insert the WMAudio Decoder DMO and the Defauft DirectSound Device manually using the Insert Filter button, when I connect the File Source (the 1st box) with the WMAudio Decoder DMO, the LAV Splitter jumps in automatically:

WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games Graph014

If I press the start button now, I can hear the wma-file playing.

Last edited by Gomphosus on Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed my real name from picture)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:19 am

Are you really sure this key exists? This one is responsible to the WM ASF reader to be used.
Code:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\Media Type\{E436EB83-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}\{6B6D0801-9ADA-11D0-A520-00A0D10129C0}]
"0"="0,4,,3026B275"
"1"="0,4,,D129E2D6"
This is the 32-bit key, then other one from above (without Wow6432Node) is the 64-bit one.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:23 am

This should also re-create that key if it is missing:
Codec Tweak Tool > Fixes > Re-register Base DirectShow filters

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Yes, the key seems to be 100% there, I send you the capture for checking:

WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games Graph017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:22 pm

One more thing: in the 32bit version of GraphStudioNext, I tried deleting the automatically created file source (async.) box and added 1) WM ASF Reader, 2) WMAudio Decoder DMO, 3) Defauft DirectSound Device. This is the result:

WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games Graph018

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Check if this Registry key exists:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\Media Type\Extensions\.wma

If so, delete it, as it may overrule the other key.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:51 pm

No, that key is not there (I see several other extensions under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\Media Type\Extensions\
but .wma is not among them).

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:02 pm

Could you export the following keys with Regedit?
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\Media Type
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11D0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance

Just zip/rar the two .reg files and upload them somewhere. For example at http://www.sendspace.com

Then I can analyze the contents and hopefully find something unusual. Because right now I don't know why the 32bit behavior is not as it should be.

Do .wmv video files give the correct graph (with WM ASF reader)?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:57 pm

OK, here is the link to the zipped .reg files:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/zgzcnx

I tried to open a .wmv file with WM ASF Reader and used following decoders and renderers:

WMA-files produce Rendering failed in GSpot and I hear no music in XNA-games Graph019

When I press start, the file plays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Didn't find any problem in the reg files.

You can force the use of WM ASF Reader with this registry key:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\Media Type\Extensions\.wma]

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:37 pm

I am very glad to tell you, that this key did the trick: thank you very much for your brilliant support!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:21 pm

This Registry tweak is just a workaround.

Maybe re-installing WMP will fix the underlying problem. It is easy to do.
Start > Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows Features on or off > Media Features > Disable all three items (WMP, Media Center, DVD maker)
Then reboot. Then enable WMP again (and the others if you need them).

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Reinstalling WMP (as I mentioned in the first post) was one of the solutions I already tried with no result. Although the Registry tweak is a workaround, it is a very effective one: it solved both the GSpot error message and the missing music in XNA games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum