DTS-HD MA not working since 1075 to 1120 update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DTS-HD MA not working since 1075 to 1120 update

Post by zYx on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:13 am

Hi all,

Because K-lite version installed on my Windows 7 x64 was 1075, I was prompt to update via full un-installation and installation of the new version. So now I have 1200.

I have a Yamaha receiver and all other formats, like DolbyTrueHD, work fine, but when a DTS-HD MA file is played, the receiver shows DTS-HD HI RES for a slip second and then goes to DTS. The receiver should be showing DTS-HD MSTR and not HI RES.

I run this on Intel NUC with Yamaha receiver via HDMI.

I used both ffdshow audio decoder and LAV and I get the same effect.

I'd appreciate any advise on this as I'm sure I've missed something Shocked

Thanks in advance

zYx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DTS-HD MA not working since 1075 to 1120 update

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:20 am

There haven't been any audio related changes in ffdshow, so I would expect the behavior to be identical, from the point of view of the decoder. So I suspect the problem is caused by another factor. Any other changes? Did you recently update the audio driver? This may have happened automatically through Windows Update. Or perhaps you changed the HDMI cable? Or is this audio track 192 kHz, while the previous ones you played were 96 kHz?

Of course you can always try 10.7.5 again just to verify if that also fails now.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by zYx on Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:42 am

Hi,

thanks for your time in replying.

obviously when I uninstalled 1075 I lost my settings... Now I probably don't remember what was the best setup for my system.

All formats are the standard formats so it won't be due to that.

Updates are disabled since the installation.

HDMI cable is the same, but I will investigate this. Then again, since DolbyTrueHD works just fine, does it not mean that the cable is ok too?

As far as I remember I had this problem every update and I always forget to save the configuration...

I did try going back to 1075 and the receiver was still "doing-it", the writing on the screen was flickering between DTS-HD HI RES and DTS-HD MSTR for a slit second and then it will go to DTS.
I'm pretty sure I'm missing something in settings...

I will have a play with settings and I let you know what I found...

zYx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:03 am

No special configuration is needed. Enabling bitstreaming is all you need to do at the codec side.

As long as the HDMI cable supports HDMI 1.4 it should be fine.

If you use LAV Audio decoder, what does the Status tab indicate during playback? It could be that it is successfully sending DTS-HD MA to the receiver, but that the receiver is somehow not decoding it correctly, and the receiver falls back to decoding the DTS core that is embedded in the stream.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum