Problem with subtitles?

2 posters

Go down

Problem with subtitles? Empty Problem with subtitles?

Post by Illarox Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Hello
I used an old version for a long while and decided to update today (25/03/2015). Ever since I updated the player shows my subtitles but doesn't recognize them as subtitles which means I can't change their sync (F1 and F2)
Besides that I used to drag and drop the video and after that drag and drop the subtitles and it would play with subtitles but now it doesn't work, it goes back to the home screen after the subtitles instead of showing both them and the video so I rename my subtitles now to the same name as the movie but I think this problem relates to the main not recognizing subtitles one.

Either way a lot of videos I watch have out of sync subtitles and this is very annoying

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks

Illarox

Back to top Go down

Problem with subtitles? Empty Re: Problem with subtitles?

Post by Admin Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:39 pm

Options > Playback > Output > select a video renderer that is compatible with the internal subtitle functionality.

Since I assume you are using Windows XP, select either VMR-7 or VMR-9 (renderless).

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Illarox Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:56 pm

Sorry, I forgot, I am using Windows 7

Illarox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:03 pm

The pack uses "EVR Custom Presenter" by default on Windows 7. That should fully support the internal subtitle functionality.

Verify that it is selected in:
Options > Playback > Output
And also:
Options > playback > Use the built-in subtitle renderer

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Illarox Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:52 pm

I think the subtitles are external, they are a separate file from the video that's why I used to drag and drop them but now nothing works, can't sync, can't drag and drop, can only put in the same folder under the same name

Illarox

Back to top Go down

Post by Illarox Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:49 am

Downloading an old version from 2012 fixed it. I don't know what changed in the newer versions but something is clearly not working properly.

Illarox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Drag&drop only works with the settings mentioned in my previous post. It works perfectly fine here. So check if your settings are correct.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Illarox Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:31 pm

I have checked all of those before uninstalling... Drag and drop always worked for the video part, it's dragging and dropping the subtitles on the video that didn't work.

The player just wouldn't recognize the subtitles as subtitles, even though it showed them.

Anyways, I'll just leave this version from 2012 since it works for me...

Illarox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:57 pm

What exactly happened after dropping the file? I am a bit confused since you mentioned it does show them?

Correct behavior would be:
The player loads the subtitle file and shows a message in the status bar at the bottom that it has loaded the subtitle.

Behavior with incorrect settings:
Player tries to open it like a regular file and fails. The video stops playing.

Perhaps the video renderer is failing for some weird reason. In that case it falls back to using the system default renderer (which doesn't support the drag&drop). You can check which renderer is being used by looking at Menu>Play>Filters during playback.
Also if you see DirectVobSub/VSFilter in the filter list it means that is showing the subtitles and not the internal subtitle renderer.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum