Cannot load VirtualDub settings with ffdshow plugin 'ffvdub.vcf'

2 posters

Go down

Cannot load VirtualDub settings with ffdshow plugin 'ffvdub.vcf'  Empty Cannot load VirtualDub settings with ffdshow plugin 'ffvdub.vcf'

Post by GeneV Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:14 am

I'm using VirtualDub 1.10.4 AMD64 und the 64 bit-version of the ffdshow-plugin 'ffvdub.vcf', which comes with K-Lite Codec Pack.
I can load this plugin in vdub and I can deploy it. I can also save the vdub-settings with this plugin.
But whenever I try to load the settings again, vdub crashes.
I've tried the same with 32-bit version and everything worked fine.
But it would be nice, if the 64-bit version worked properly, too.
My system is Windows Ultimate 64-bit with the latest updates and I've installed K-Lite Mega v10.7.1.

GeneV

Back to top Go down

Cannot load VirtualDub settings with ffdshow plugin 'ffvdub.vcf'  Empty Re: Cannot load VirtualDub settings with ffdshow plugin 'ffvdub.vcf'

Post by Admin Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:38 pm

Can you give more detailed steps to reproduce the crash? I did a quick test and it did not crash here, so it is probably triggered by some specific settings inside the plugin.

You can reset settings by deleting this registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\ffdshow64\ffvdub

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Cannot load VirtualDub settings with ffdshow plugin 'ffvdub.vcf'  Empty Re: Cannot load VirtualDub settings with ffdshow plugin 'ffvdub.vcf'

Post by GeneV Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:31 am

Thx for the quick reply.
What happens is:
I first add ffvdub to the filter list. I then 'save processing settings'.
Then I try load these settings ('load processing settings'). And vdub comes up with a message box called 'VirtualDub Program Failure', saying 'Ooops -- VirtualDub has crashed. ...' and 'Crash details: An out-of-bounds memory access (access violation) occurred in module 'Veedub64'... ...reading address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.'

I tried deleting registry key, but unfortunately it didn't solve the issue.

GeneV

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:53 pm

I am able to reproduce the crash now.
Unfortunately, ffdshow is no longer actively being developed. So there is little hope that this problem will be fixed. You could report this problem to the VirtualDub developers. Maybe there is something they can do to work around it.

Which functionality of ffdshow are you using? There might be alternative filters that you can use instead.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneV Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:12 pm

I've tried the ffvdub from latest ffdshow-tryout. But besides a few bytes the file is the same as in the K-Lite Codec Pack and it also produces the crash.
Maybe someone can tell me which is the right place to make requests for VirtualDub and/or ffdshow-tryout.

What I did with the ffvdub plugin was some kind of white balancing for a rather greenish movie. In 'picture properties' I changed the values for RGB gamma, hue and saturation and after a few tries I achieved a quite satisfying result.

So far the only workaround I see, is to go into the registry editor and export the registry key under an appropriate name and if I need the setting again, re-import it into the registry. Rather clumsy (but at least better than nothing).

GeneV

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:25 pm

Saving processing settings only saves VirtualDub specific settings, such as the loaded filters. The ffdshow settings are stored in the Registry and are thus always remembered.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneV Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:20 pm

The ffvdub-settings are indeed stored in the registry. But vdub also tries to store them in its configuration file (vcf). The according entry is 'VirtualDub.video.filters.instance[0].Config2(...'. If I delete this entry from the vcf-file vdub loads the settings with the ffvdub-filter without problems.

However, what do I do if I need to store different ffvdub-settings for different  movie processings? So far the only workaround I see, is to save and load settings using the registry editor.

GeneV

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:00 pm

After looking at the internal VirtualDub filters, you can adjust Hue and Saturation with the HSV filter. The Value setting in that filter probably equals gamma.

I also found a whole bunch of VirtualDub filters that might come in handy:
http://www.infognition.com/VirtualDubFilters/

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneV Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:58 pm

Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately, it doesn't help adjusting single colors in vdub-64bit.

GeneV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum