Tips for improving video quality

2 posters

Go down

Tips for improving video quality Empty Tips for improving video quality

Post by alfun Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:20 am

I was reading the front page and it was recommended to turn off some of my graphics card 'enhancement' features'. I have an AMD/ATI graphics card. I would like to improve video quality and also improve my average framerate (FPS) when playing video games. The only thing I have that looks close to whats posted is "Noise reduction". I have an option called "De-noise", is this the same feature?

There are some other features that I have. These can be checked or un-checked. What should I do for these?
Color vibrance
Flesh tone correction
Brighter Whites
Enforce Smooth Video Playback
Use automatic deinterlacing
Pulldown detection

This setting has a slide bar from Performance to Quality. Should I change this to Performance? Its on Quality right now.
Mipmapping

This setting can be checked or un-checked. What should I do for this? Its checked right now and on "Use application settings".
Anti-Aliasing

This setting has a slide bar from Performance to Quality. Should I change this to Performance?
Anti-Aliasing Mode

This setting can be checked or un-checked. What should I do for this? Its checked right now and on "Use application settings".
Anisotropic Filtering

I also have Microsoft Silverlight installed. Is this recommended to install? Right now "Enable hardware-accelerated playback" is un-checked. Should I leave it like this?

If you watch a YouTube video and right click the video and go to "Settings...", "Enable hardware acceleration" is un-checked for Adobe Flash Player Settings. Should I leave it like this?

alfun

Back to top Go down

Tips for improving video quality Empty Re: Tips for improving video quality

Post by Admin Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:27 pm

You should disable "Flesh tone correction". Probably also "Color vibrance" and "Brighter Whites". The rest can stay at the current default settings.

You can enable hardware acceleration in Silverlight and Flash. Normally that only needs to disabled in case of playback problems with videos in your web browser.

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum