MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by bege on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:31 am

Hi,

since recently everything worked fine. Now MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files any more. Windows Media Player does without a problem.
MP3 and WMA work fine in MPC.
In the Tweak Tool Fixes the entry "Fix broken sound (MIDI, WaveOutput) (no problem detected)" is greyed out.

Unfortunately I cannot exactly say when the problem occurred for the first time. Recently I have installed version 10 (before it was 9.9.9) and the stream ripping software Audials Tunebite.

I already uninstalled K-Lite and installed several previous versions - all with the same problem.

Error Message (Translated from German):
"Media Player Classic - Home Cinema doesn't work any more
The program is not correctly executed because of a problem. The program will be closed and you will receive a notice if there has been found a solution."

Windows Event Message Display:
"Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: mpc-hc.exe, Version: 1.7.0.7670, Zeitstempel: 0x51fb9e4a
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0116b5ed
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1650
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cea2ba5d88f7d2
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mpc-hc.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown
Berichtskennung: 9c9e91c9-0ead-11e3-b2fc-00030d53a9f1"


K-Lite Mega 10.0.0, Default settings
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

bege

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-08-27
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:01 am

MIDI and WAV play fine here. Since the older versions also do not work anymore for you, it must be something external to the codec pack.

Post a log of all installed codecs, then I can have a look at it.
Codec Tweak Tool > Generate Log

You could also test playback in GraphStudioNext tool. That should show which filters it uses, if it doesn't crash like MPC-HC.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by bege on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:22 am

Thank you for your answer.

Admin wrote:MIDI and WAV play fine here. Since the older versions also do not work anymore for you, it must be something external to the codec pack.

Post a log of all installed codecs, then I can have a look at it.
Codec Tweak Tool > Generate Log
Unfortunately the forum doesn't allow to post the log (post too long). So I try it this way:
klcp_codec_log.txt

bege

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-08-27
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by bege on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:26 am

Admin wrote:MIDI and WAV play fine here. Since the older versions also do not work anymore for you, it must be something external to the codec pack.

You could also test playback in GraphStudioNext tool. That should show which filters it uses, if it doesn't crash like MPC-HC.
As with Windows Media Player the GraphStudioNext also plays the files.
Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<graph name="Unnamed Graph">
    <filter name="Default DirectSound Device" index="0" clsid="{79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}">
        <ipersiststream encoding="base64" data="MAAwADAAMAAwADAAMAAwADAAMAAwACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=="/>
    </filter>
    <filter name="Wave Parser" index="1" clsid="{D51BD5A1-7548-11CF-A520-0080C77EF58A}"/>
    <filter name="File Source (Async.)" index="2" class="CLSID_AsyncReader" clsid="{E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}">
        <ifilesourcefilter source="C:\Windows\Media\Microsoft Office 2000\CHIMES.WAV"/>
    </filter>
    <connect out="File Source (Async.)/Output" in="Wave Parser/input pin" outFilterIndex="2" outPinId="Output" outPinName="Output" outPinIndex="0" inFilterIndex="1" inPinId="input pin" inPinName="input pin" inPinIndex="0" direct="true">
        <mediaType type="MEDIATYPE_Stream / MEDIASUBTYPE_WAVE" sampleSize="1" fixedSizeSamples="true" temporalCompression="false" majorType="{E436EB83-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}" subType="{E436EB8B-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}"/>
    </connect>
    <connect out="Wave Parser/output" in="Default DirectSound Device/Audio Input pin (rendered)" outFilterIndex="1" outPinId="output" outPinName="output" outPinIndex="0" inFilterIndex="0" inPinId="Audio Input pin (rendered)" inPinName="Audio Input pin (rendered)" inPinIndex="0" direct="true">
        <mediaType type="MEDIATYPE_Audio / MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM" sampleSize="1" fixedSizeSamples="true" temporalCompression="false" majorType="{73647561-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}" subType="{00000001-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}"/>
        <format type="FORMAT_WaveFormatEx" formatType="{05589F81-C356-11CE-BF01-00AA0055595A}" encoding="base64" data="AQABACJWAAAiVgAAAQAIAAAA"/>
    </connect>
</graph>
Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<graph name="Unnamed Graph">
    <filter name="Default MidiOut Device" index="0" clsid="{07B65360-C445-11CE-AFDE-00AA006C14F4}">
        <ipersiststream encoding="base64" data="MAAwADAAMAAwADAAMAAwADAAMAAwACAAyAAAAP////8="/>
    </filter>
    <filter name="MIDI Parser" index="1" clsid="{D51BD5A2-7548-11CF-A520-0080C77EF58A}"/>
    <filter name="File Source (Async.)" index="2" class="CLSID_AsyncReader" clsid="{E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}">
        <ifilesourcefilter source="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Clipart\corpmm\ThemeSnd\J0074276.MID"/>
    </filter>
    <connect out="File Source (Async.)/Output" in="MIDI Parser/Reader" outFilterIndex="2" outPinId="Output" outPinName="Output" outPinIndex="0" inFilterIndex="1" inPinId="Reader" inPinName="Reader" inPinIndex="0" direct="true">
        <mediaType type="MEDIATYPE_Stream / MEDIATYPE_Midi" sampleSize="1" fixedSizeSamples="true" temporalCompression="false" majorType="{E436EB83-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}" subType="{7364696D-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}"/>
    </connect>
    <connect out="MIDI Parser/Out" in="Default MidiOut Device/Audio Input pin (rendered)" outFilterIndex="1" outPinId="Out" outPinName="Out" outPinIndex="0" inFilterIndex="0" inPinId="Audio Input pin (rendered)" inPinName="Audio Input pin (rendered)" inPinIndex="0" direct="true">
        <mediaType type="MEDIATYPE_Midi / GUID_NULL" sampleSize="1" fixedSizeSamples="false" temporalCompression="false" majorType="{7364696D-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}" subType="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}"/>
        <format type="GUID_NULL" formatType="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}" encoding="base64" data="4AEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA="/>
    </connect>
</graph>

bege

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-08-27
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:26 am

The GraphStudioNext logs are normal. I don't see any obvious problems in the codec list.

You could try blocking the AC3Filter that was installed by Audials.
MPC-HC options > External Filters > Add AC3Filter and set it to block

Admin
Admin

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by bege on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:00 am

Admin wrote:
You could try blocking the AC3Filter that was installed by Audials.
MPC-HC options > External Filters > Add AC3Filter and set it to block
Unfortunately still the same.

bege

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-08-27
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:05 am

A recent Windows Update causes some troubles on certain systems. For example BSODs and application crashes. Maybe it is also responsible for your issue. The relevant update is KB2859537, released on August 13th.

Windows Control Panel > Programs > View Installed Updates > Find KB2859537 > Right-click and choose uninstall. Reboot when done.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by bege on Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:07 am

Admin wrote:A recent Windows Update causes some troubles on certain systems. For example BSODs and application crashes. Maybe it is also responsible for your issue. The relevant update is KB2859537, released on August 13th.

Windows Control Panel > Programs > View Installed Updates > Find KB2859537 > Right-click and choose uninstall. Reboot when done.
Thank you for your continuousness. However, this didn't make a change either.

I uninstalled K-Lite and installed MPC 64 from the MPC homepage. The original MPC plays wav and midi files without problem.

bege

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-08-27
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by bege on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:28 am

Maybe my last post was capable to be misunderstood. I just uninstalled K-Lite and installed the original MPC for testing reasons, not to tell that I don't need more help. I still would like to use K-Lite with the included MPC instead, so I still hope someone has an idea how to solve the problem.
Since Windows Media Player, MediaMonkey and the original MPC work without a problem, it looks to my like this must an issue of K-Lite and it's MPC version, though it worked previously.

bege

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-08-27
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:27 am

There are a few differences between the MPC you tested and the one from the pack.
1) You used the x64 version. The pack contains a x86 version. So please test that one as well.
2) The original version contains more internal filters, which might have been used. You can see which filters are used in "Play > Filters". Could you list the contents here?
3) The pack contains a newer version than the one you have used. To get a recent original version, you should download a nightly build. http://nightly.mpc-hc.org/

Version 10.0.3 of the pack is available. That might solve your problem.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by bege on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Admin wrote:There are a few differences between the MPC you tested and the one from the pack.
1) You used the x64 version. The pack contains a x86 version. So please test that one as well.
2) The original version contains more internal filters, which might have been used. You can see which filters are used in "Play > Filters". Could you list the contents here?
3) The pack contains a newer version than the one you have used. To get a recent original version, you should download a nightly build. http://nightly.mpc-hc.org/

Version 10.0.3 of the pack is available. That might solve your problem.
Version 10.0.3 doesn't solve the problem.
MPC 64 both latest and nightly work correct.
MPC 32 latest crashed with both MIDI and WAV.
MPC 32 nightly only crashes with MIDI and plays WAV.

When playing WAV files with MPC 64 and MPC 32 nightly the Filters menu shows:
- Default DirectSound Device
- Audio Switcher
- ACM Wrapper (0x0002)
- LAV Splitter Source (internal)

When playing MIDI files with MPC 64 the Filters menu shows:
- Default MidiOut Device
- MIDI Parser
- File Source (Async.)

Is it possible to include in K-Lite together with the 64-bit codecs MPC 64 also for installation on 64-bit systems?

bege

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-08-27
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by Admin on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:57 am

The pack already includes 64-bit codecs. If you mean including MPC-HC 64, that is not done (yet) because it brings no big advantages.

The filters it uses for playback of MIDI are all standard filters from Windows. It is also the same ones as GraphStudioNext used. I assume you used the 32-bit version?

Could you perhaps upload the audio files you tested with? Then I can test with the exact same ones.
http://www.sendspace.com

Admin
Admin

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by bege on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:23 am

Admin wrote:The pack already includes 64-bit codecs. If you mean including MPC-HC 64, that is not done (yet) because it brings no big advantages.
Yes, I meant including MPC 64, because it brings quite some advantage for me - it works ;-)

Admin wrote:The filters it uses for playback of MIDI are all standard filters from Windows. It is also the same ones as GraphStudioNext used. I assume you used the 32-bit version?
I used the GraphStudioNext version that came with K-Lite 10 on my 64 bit system.

Admin wrote:Could you perhaps upload the audio files you tested with? Then I can test with the exact same ones.
http://www.sendspace.com
The problem happened with all wav and midi files I tried. Here are two of them (sendspace didn't upload):
DUCKVX06.WAV
J0074269.MID

bege

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-08-27
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by Admin on Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:31 am

The 32-bit MPC failing for you is just a coincidence. A similar problem could have occurred the other way around. In general, the 32-bit version has better compatibility.

Both a 32-bit and 64-bit version of GraphStudioNext are included.

Both files play without problems here. I suspect the problem might be related to your sound driver. My advice at this point would be to update the driver. If you need help finding an appropriate driver, then I need some details about your audio hardware. You can get that information through: Codec Tweak Tool > Generate Log > System Information.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by bege on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Both GraphStudioNext 32 and 64 play the files without problem.

I found a slightly newer audio driver, the problem remains.

Code:

#####  System Information  #####

OS:          Windows 7 Professional  (6.01.7601) (x64)
DirectX:      9.0c + 10 + 10.1 + 11
CPU name:    AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60
CPU speed:    1995 MHz
Memory:      3968 MB
Screen size:  1280x800 (32bits) (59Hz)
Video card:  ATI Radeon Xpress Series
              VendorID: 1002, DeviceID: 5975
Video driver: atiumd64 (Catalyst 10.2)
Audio device: Realtek High Definition Audio
Audio driver: RTKVHD64.sys (Version 6.0.1.6873) (3-29-2013)

bege

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-08-27
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by Admin on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:12 am

I am running out of ideas. It is a strange problem and I am unable to reproduce it.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by bege on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:48 am

Yes, it really is strange because until v9.9.9 everything worked fine and after having installed v10 not even the previous versions work. As said in my first post I can't tell when the problem exactly started. May there be any conflict with Audials Tunebite? To be honest, I am not keen on uninstalling that software, it takes quite some time to install it and set all settings. And if there is a conflict, non of the other audio programs have that. So I'd rather let go of K-Lite than of Tunebite.
I have read several threads about never ending problems with codec packs. But I never had these problems - until recently.

bege

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-08-27
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by Admin on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:49 am

Those topics you read are full of false information. Often you will see comments from people who don't even use codec packs, but blame them for hypothetical problems, and they can never supply any actual real-world examples when asked for. Codec packs are also often blamed for problems that are totally unrelated. And in case of actual real problems, they are often unrelated to codecs, but caused by bad drivers, corrupted files, bad settings, or simply just user errors. I can't speak for other packs, but in case of K-Lite, and problem that is reported is fixed whenever possible. If I got a dollar for each time someone wrongly blamed codecs (in general) for their problems, I would be richer than Bill Gates and Carlos Slim combined.

In your case the codec pack is working fine. GraphStudioNext plays the files without problem. A general codec problem would have affected GraphStudioNext as well. Your problem is limited to MPC-HC, and even happens with the nightly builds. The fact that older versions also do not work anymore (but did work in the past), confirms that the cause must be external to the codec pack. Plus, your files play fine on my computer using the same codec pack and same version of Windows.

I see no evidence that the problem is directly related to Tunebite.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by Admin on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:54 am

You could try enabling "wav" on the Formats tab in LAV Splitter settings. Then LAV Splitter will get used instead of the standard WAVE Parser filter from Windows. Maybe that helps for WAV files.

MIDI is played using standard filters from Windows. The pack has no effect on it.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by bege on Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:33 am

Thank you for your reply on the mentioned problems with codec packs in general.

Admin wrote:You could try enabling "wav" on the Formats tab in LAV Splitter settings. Then LAV Splitter will get used instead of the standard WAVE Parser filter from Windows. Maybe that helps for WAV files.
MPC still crashes, other programs still don't crash.
When I play wav files with MediaMonkey the LAV tray icon shows up, when I play them with WMP the tray icon doesn't show up.

I noticed that MPC doesn't save the format settings from the K-Lite setup process. When I open the format settings in MPC after installation K-Lite all check boxes are empty.

Is there a way to test MPC 64 with K-Lite (install K-Lite without player, original MPC 64, and change settings)?

bege

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-08-27
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:17 am

The format settings in MPC work fine here. But it possible that is is a bit buggy. I recommend creating file associations in the installer and not to touch the formats page in MPC.

Yes, you can install both MPC64 and the codec pack.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by BikeHelmet on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:09 pm

bege wrote:
Admin wrote:There are a few differences between the MPC you tested and the one from the pack.
1) You used the x64 version. The pack contains a x86 version. So please test that one as well.
2) The original version contains more internal filters, which might have been used. You can see which filters are used in "Play > Filters". Could you list the contents here?
3) The pack contains a newer version than the one you have used. To get a recent original version, you should download a nightly build. http://nightly.mpc-hc.org/

Version 10.0.3 of the pack is available. That might solve your problem.
Version 10.0.3 doesn't solve the problem.
MPC 64 both latest and nightly work correct.
MPC 32 latest crashed with both MIDI and WAV.
MPC 32 nightly only crashes with MIDI and plays WAV.

When playing WAV files with MPC 64 and MPC 32 nightly the Filters menu shows:
- Default DirectSound Device
- Audio Switcher
- ACM Wrapper (0x0002)
- LAV Splitter Source (internal)

When playing MIDI files with MPC 64 the Filters menu shows:
- Default MidiOut Device
- MIDI Parser
- File Source (Async.)

Is it possible to include in K-Lite together with the 64-bit codecs MPC 64 also for installation on 64-bit systems?
Sorry to thread necro, but I have this exact same problem. 32bit players like VLC, SMPlayer, MPC-HC all error out. The x64 versions seem to work. The above are exactly what shows up in the filters menu. Now I've got videos playing in 32bit MPC, and Midis in 64bit MPC. That's because 1) it actually plays midis, and 2) the volume control in MPC x64 does nothing for midis, so I have to use the Windows volume mixer to drop it way down. At that point I can't hear videos nomatter what internal settings I choose, so MPC x64 sits at about 6% volume and MPC x86 at 100% volume.

It was several years back that Midi files broke on my system. (Windows 7 SP1) I think it was 2012 or 2013. Recently I got annoyed and started digging, which led me to finding a work-around, and then eventually this thread.

During my digging I discovered that Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth was buggered up on my system. It did not have the same regkeys as other working systems, under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveMovie\...] - also, my default midiout device was 0xfffffff for some reason. I found numerous references online saying that the default midiout device should be device 0, which of course was my busted Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth. This might explain why tools like 'Vista Midi Tool' that select the default midiout device did nothing.

Anyway, at the end of all this 32bit midi support is still busted, and I still have question marks over my head about why. Any ideas?  Smile

-BikeHelmet

BikeHelmet

Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:36 am

The value 0xfffffff actually is the default. That probably just makes it choose the first available device. Changing it to another value should only be needed to use a specific device in case multiple are available.

Midi playback works fine on my computer with both 32-bit and 64-bit MPC-HC. Both devenum registry keys contain just a single entry, being "Default MidiOut Device" with MidiOutId = 0xfffffff. So any additional keys should not be required. Did you conclude the brokenness of the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth based on the absence of additional keys, or for some other reason? Are there any differences in contents between the 32-bit and 64-bit keys on your system?

If you delete the whole devenum key, then it should automatically get re-recreated the next time you play a file. Perhaps something you could try.

There is a topic on the MPC-HC bug tracker regarding MIDI playback.
https://trac.mpc-hc.org/ticket/5183
Interestingly enough that user has a problem with the 64-bit version crashing.

The volume issue is most likely because a different output device is used compared to regular playback. You should open a ticket on the MPC-HC bug tracker about that. Maybe it is something they can fix.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:46 am

Something else to try:
Launch a command prompt as administrator and then execute these commands
regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\quartz.dll
regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devenum.dll

Admin
Admin

Posts : 2982
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by BikeHelmet on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:27 am

Admin wrote:The value 0xfffffff actually is the default. That probably just makes it choose the first available device. Changing it to another value should only be needed to use a specific device in case multiple are available.

Midi playback works fine on my computer with both 32-bit and 64-bit MPC-HC. Both devenum registry keys contain just a single entry, being "Default MidiOut Device" with MidiOutId = 0xfffffff. So any additional keys should not be required. Did you conclude the brokenness of the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth based on the absence of additional keys, or for some other reason? Are there any differences in contents between the 32-bit and 64-bit keys on your system?

If you delete the whole devenum key, then it should automatically get re-recreated the next time you play a file. Perhaps something you could try.

There is a topic on the MPC-HC bug tracker regarding MIDI playback.
https://trac.mpc-hc.org/ticket/5183
Interestingly enough that user has a problem with the 64-bit version crashing.

The volume issue is most likely because a different output device is used compared to regular playback. You should open a ticket on the MPC-HC bug tracker about that. Maybe it is something they can fix.
Thanks for the info, Admin!

Admin wrote:Something else to try:
Launch a command prompt as administrator and then execute these commands
regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\quartz.dll
regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devenum.dll

I swapped that around to:
Code:
regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\quartz.dll
regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\devenum.dll

It got midis to play again in MPC x86. Now it plays in both! Interestingly, the filters changed to be like the x64 ones.

VLC is still broken, and SMPlayer is still broken. But at least my main media player is fixed. (I still have to juggle the two due to no working volume control for the midiout device.)

Sometime soon I'll sign up for the bug tracker and post all the info that I have.

-BikeHelmet

BikeHelmet

Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MPC doesn't play MIDI and WAV files

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:46 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum