Ditch the adware

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ditch the adware

Post by plentyOf on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:43 pm

I just downloaded the new 10.0 Codec pack and noticed the AVG adware.
Get rid of it, it's only going to annoy users and get your software flagged by antivirus vendors.
Otherwise awesome job.

plentyOf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ditch the adware

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:16 am

Instead of complaining you should praise the fact that the installer make it so damn easy to disable it. Only a single mouse click is needed. Other software make you jump to several hoops to disable things.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by plentyOf on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:56 am

Most free adware-supported software I've run across (uTorrent, CCleaner, Skype, Flash etc.) offer similar checkboxes, so really, it's nothing revolutionary.
But hey, I'm fine with it, I just hope my antivirus won't start complaining every time I get a new version.

plentyOf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swift on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:17 am

uTorrent, CCleaner, Skype, Flash are free? What a joke. Just some hints: Take a look on the "CCleaner Slim version". And what? Please take a closer look on the 'General terms and conditions' of Skype or Flash.

So everything is just fine - except that there are still some people out there, who think such projects are free of charge to provide.

Swift

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plentyOf on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:07 pm

Swift wrote:uTorrent, CCleaner, Skype, Flash are free? What a joke. Just some hints: Take a look on the "CCleaner Slim version". And what? Please take a closer look on the 'General terms and conditions' of Skype or Flash.

So everything is just fine - except that there are still some people out there, who think such projects are free of charge to provide.
For all practical intents and purposes, those are all free products. You're just arguing semantics.

plentyOf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nanana1 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:16 am

Admin wrote:Instead of complaining you should praise the fact that the installer make it so damn easy to disable it. Only a single mouse click is needed. Other software make you jump to several hoops to disable things.
Agree with Admin and thank you for making it easy for installation to disable the adware.cheers 

I want to complain too about the adware but I also do understand that the small income from including these adware is a help for the continuance and maintenance of this website.

nanana1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:57 am

Plus it is only offered on fresh installs, and not on upgrades.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum