Disabling DirectVobSub makes .AVI files laggy

2 posters

Go down

Disabling DirectVobSub makes .AVI files laggy Empty Disabling DirectVobSub makes .AVI files laggy

Post by giggsy11 Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:17 am

Got a slight problem, I decided to disable DirectVobSub using the tweaking tool as I noticed it loading for an .mkv video but I have no interest in seeing subtitles.

However, since disabling DirectVobSub I have noticed that SOME .avi files become very laggy and at least 1 .avi file no longer plays at all. Why does disabling DirectVobSub affect this?

Enabling it again fixes the issues above so if I have to keep it enabled and just hide the icon in the system tray then so be it but it, would be nice to find out a solution, cheers!

giggsy11

Back to top Go down

Disabling DirectVobSub makes .AVI files laggy Empty Re: Disabling DirectVobSub makes .AVI files laggy

Post by Admin Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:11 pm

WMP12 will use DirectShow codecs instead of Microsoft's Media Foundation codecs when DirectVobSub is installed. As you have noticed, the DirectShow codecs from the pack work better.

There are several things you can do:
- Hide the subtitles by default: DirectVobSub settings -> Misc -> Hide subtitles
- Use Win7DSFilterTweaker to disable Media Foundation
- Use Win7DSFilterTweaker to disable the Microsoft Mpeg4s/Mpeg43 video decoders

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Disabling DirectVobSub makes .AVI files laggy Empty Re: Disabling DirectVobSub makes .AVI files laggy

Post by giggsy11 Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks for the reply, i think the only reason why this has become an issue is because i must have recently downloaded a video with subtitles without knowing it, so i never noticed it running before.

But if this is normal practice then i may just turn off the subtitles and hide the icon and put up with the fact that the icon will appear (hidden) for that one video, thanks again Smile

giggsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:58 pm

If you never want to see subs, then you can also configure DirectVobSub to not load at all.
DirectVobSub settings -> General -> Loading

Admin
Admin

https://codecs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum